• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gingerbread Gmail/FriendStream Issues

sjwalsh

Lurker
Jun 6, 2011
Hey Guys,

Apologies if either of these have been discussed before, but I'm running into two very frustrating issues on my EVO.

I recently installed the Gingerbread update (like everyone else), and now my Gmail is on the fritz. It seems that my messages are bypassing my inbox as if I had a filter (I don't) on my EVO, but they're right where they're supposed to be when I log in via my laptop. I'm using the native Gmail app on the phone.

Secondly, my FriendStream won't sync any more after I updated to Gingerbread. I have to log out of/back into Twitter and Facebook to get FriendStream to update.

I've tried almost everything (hard reset, uninstalls, etc.) without success.

Any assistance is most appreciated in advance.

I installed the HTC Evo Shift Gingerbread update yesterday as provided by Sprint. Following the upgrade, Friendstream would no longer update/refresh, and was completely blank. Repeated attempts to update resulted in Friendstream just indefinitely trying to update with no result. I finally decided to remove the widget and re-add it, but now the widget itself won't even add! When I select the widget, doesn't matter which one, it displays the screen I'm trying to add it to and says "Loading" like it normally would, but after 10 or 20 seconds nothing happens and the "loading" box goes away. I've rebooted the phone and checked to see if there's a Friend Stream update or other reports of the problem, but I've found neither so far. Anyone else?!?

Upvote 0
Update: Last night I was finally able to get the Friend Stream widget to install back to my desktop again. Not sure if the Live Wallpaper I had running was causing problems or what, but it STILL has refused to populate even once since updating my Evo Shift to the new Gingerbread update from Sprint. Sprint hasn't notified anyone of the update I don't think, I believe that isn't going to happen until the 19th, so only users that actively check for the update and install it would potentially be aware of the problem. Perhaps that's why there are a bunch of complaints yet. If anyone has updated their Android device with the formal Gingerbread update from Sprint, especially an Evo Shift, please reply and let us know if your Friend Stream app is populating.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones