• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gingerbread has done nothing...

You need to root, supercharge, debloat, use an sd speed increase app to zip the DX2 up. IMHO, it was faster and better with the same tweaks on 2.2. But now that we are on 2.3 I don't feel like sbfing to 2.2 and losing most of my data. I could nandroid to my last 2.2 backup but I probably won't. Doing the steps I listed above helps this phone a ton.

Upvote 0
Still makes no sense how this device with a mature chipset and design was borked so bad and the Droid 3 is the polar opposite. Both 512 mb devices, but DX2 has to be mega tweaked too get decent performance, but even then has the audio pops and other issues.

The firmware team over the DX2 should be banished from the land.

Upvote 0
Still makes no sense how this device with a mature chipset and design was borked so bad and the Droid 3 is the polar opposite. Both 512 mb devices, but DX2 has to be mega tweaked too get decent performance, but even then has the audio pops and other issues.

The firmware team over the DX2 should be banished from the land.

Mine is actually pretty quick overall. Significantly faster than my DX was with the same tweaks. There is room for improvement with the DX2, but overall it is a very nice phone. Audio pops for me are non existant with my settings.

Upvote 0
Mine is actually pretty quick overall. Significantly faster than my DX was with the same tweaks. There is room for improvement with the DX2, but overall it is a very nice phone. Audio pops for me are non existant with my settings.

How but random reboots? My reboots are less frequent, but I still get one every couple of days. My phone is faster and alot smoother and my streaming music has improved a bit, but the rebooting is still there albeit a lot less frequent. One thing I've had a few more of is locking up and having to do a battery pull. I did a full factory reset last week (monday-ish) because of the lockimng. After I reset it, the phone was smoother and I even went back to Blur since that seems to be better, but I had to do a battery pull Sunday and last night it reboot as I was docking it.

You know, I'm worried I'm gonna be in a crash and hanging upside down with gas dripping and little stream of gas making its way to a small fire toward the front and I'm gonna pull out my phone to get help and I'll get the "DRRROOOIIIIIDDD" when I go to make that call! :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones