Gingerbread impressions/tips/problems NON ROOTED STOCK ONLY

Last Updated:

1. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Pioneer74 likes this.
  2. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

That is correct. It does not wipe out your settings, contacts, apps, etc.
    jj14x likes this.
  3. Rathamar

Rathamar Well-Known Member

Anyone else experiencing this? Defiantly don't want to loose my Netflix.

Anyone tested is it working over 3G/Wifi?

Edit - I didn't see this reply when I posted -
    Thanks hbk129 for posting
  4. hbk129

hbk129 Active Member

Additionally, the "select text feature" is haywire on Dolphin HD web browser. On the stock browser it works fine but on Dolphin HD when you hit select text it selects the very first word on the entire website, even if it's a link at the top of the page regardless of where you held down the screen at. These are the only two browsers I have so I haven't investigated further. That's disappointing but as with Netflix I expect an update to remedy the issue.
  5. hbk129

hbk129 Active Member

Not working for me using any method. App loads, video doesn't play.
    Rathamar likes this.
  6. jfh3

jfh3 Member

I had quite a few of my icons revert to the default. Also, if you select an icon for an ap that has been uninstalled, you no longer get a message saying the ap isn't installed.
  7. kv36

kv36 Member

Netflix works fine over 3g and 4g, did not test wifi
  8. xPhantom

xPhantom Well-Known Member

I never updated to 3.70.651.1, so that's the only update showing up for me. Do I have to update to that first and then update to gingerbread? Or has anyone been able to go straight from 3.29.651.5 to 4.22.651.2?
  9. probinson

probinson Well-Known Member

Did you actually play something? Doesn't seem to work for anyone else.
  10. Colonator

Colonator Member

I'm using "Go Launcher" it no longer gives me the option to make Go laucher My default launcher? Any Ideas?
  11. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

Same. I hear a half second of audio and it goes back to the app.
  12. Bones011

Bones011 New Member

Update successfully installed this morning. Netflix launches, can browse and search, but will not play video. It attempts to launch video, but ultimately bounces back to list. Connected both 3G and WiFi. Have not yet attempted reinstall of Netflix App.
  13. melissai_

melissai_ Well-Known Member

my brother just did the OTA update and the only aesthetic difference is the gingerbread 3G symbol at the top...are we missing something? hahah he's kind of disappointed...
  14. Jaysus

Jaysus Active Member

I lost two of my favorite apps.... neither WiMax Notifier or ShootMe work anymore :(
  15. hbk129

hbk129 Active Member

I'm curious as well, still not working for me.
  16. xPhantom

xPhantom Well-Known Member

I have the same question... I never downloaded that update either. So will I have to update to that before I can update to Gingerbread?
  17. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I do apologize if someone has already posted ...but here is the "official" release appears some are expecting quite a bit more that what is included in this update.

HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.22.651.2 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact
    - "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish
    - Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70
    - Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client
    - Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update
    - Fix for battery discharge issue
    - Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
    - Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access
    to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application

Note: HTC Sense updates are not included in this upgrade

Important Notes:
    - The new software version is: 4.22.651.2
    - Beginning 6/6, a notification will be sent to devices in stages. All devices
    should receive the update notification within a 4 day period.
    - Beginning 6/3, customers may manually check for and apply the update
    - Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release Blog for more detailed install instructions

shmn, EarlyMon and marctronixx like this.
  18. Newblood

Newblood Member

Didn't see it mentioned, but now if you tap in a text field (i.e. text message) you get a cursor icon that you can select and drag with a magnify glass. Very handy!
    cloreto_08, EarlyMon and marctronixx like this.
  19. Jaysus

Jaysus Active Member

also a bunch of app shortcuts display the android icon as opposed to the app icon... the work around is to re-add the apps.
  20. Boozer

Boozer Member

Yes, this is very nice.
  21. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

I think many were hoping for some of the Sense 3.0 goodiness.

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact

Have had this happen ... several times. VERY embarassing.

- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish

I understand there are a lot of Spanish speaking people using the EVO... kinda funny it's listed second as a "fix".

- Fix for battery discharge issue

Should be good. My battery/indicator has been acting odd at times. We'll see what happens.

- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access

Very helpful, actually. Helps to clean up some crap. One thing I don't like is finding random/old/no longer used files when you uninstall an app. Hate that. At least this will pull up a lot (not all) of your downloads. For instance, it's not showing my Gmail Downloaded Attachments.

NETFLIX: BROKEN - Granted, only EVO 2.2 is listed as being supported - NOT 2.3.3. I even uninstalled, shut down (crashed on shut down), removed battery, inserted battery, restarted, installed Netflix, logged in, hit resume, still only plays for a second.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  22. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

oh yes, forgot to answer that question...and it isn't the only one... you guys are going to find that a few or more of your apps are not ginger ready
  23. i.have.droid

i.have.droid Well-Known Member

New keyboard or the same stock?
  24. Jaysus

Jaysus Active Member

25. Kamen

Kamen New Member

Go to Settings > Call > Clear Voicemail Notification to fix this. A few of us ran in to this issue and this is what fixed it.