• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gingerbread in my GW620

Mps78

Lurker
Apr 23, 2011
I installed the latest version of our GW620 Android, Android Gingerbread 2.3.3 and wanted to share with you, because it is the fastest and most stable version I've tried.
I recovered the FM radio, video camera and camera to 5mpx.
Of course the GPS, Bluetooth and WiFi work to perfection.
It has nothing to do with previous versions 2.1 and 2.2, as I said this is the most reliable and complete fast I've tried.
In my case I have it running with a SIM from Orange Spain, 710Mhz, with almost 200MB of RAM and it works very well (in what may be to ask our GW620).
As I said, best of all, it's a fully stable version, at least in my case, more than 1 week with the installed I have not had a single problem.

Reactions: therealrocker
I've had it up for a week as well. It is by far the smoothest and bug free load to date. I can't find anything wrong with it and my LG Eve has never been faster!

Assuming people know how to root thier phone and get it into fastboot, here's how I did it in 15 minutes:

Keep it simple man! I'm no genius either. I used: http://www.n2k1.openetna.mayix.net/firmware/open_eve/GB234_110511/GB234_110511_qril_lib_update.zip

It has both system and boot files. I then used Guimmer's Winflasher http://bit.ly/winflasher3_3 to install. Here's his instruction page Winflasher 3.1 tutorial - Guimmers Home You have to wipe and then flash. It took me two times but I think I didn't do a wipe on the first try.

I'm on Rogers so I then went on chat with their tech support and told them specifically to disable the Name Display function of caller ID. I still see who is calling me if the person is a contact in my phone so this is basically a non issue. This is not an issue with the new software as a friend of mine with a new Samsung Galaxy (stock 2.3) on Rogers had the same problem

The phone rocks!

Upvote 0
I've had it up for a week as well. It is by far the smoothest and bug free load to date. I can't find anything wrong with it and my LG Eve has never been faster!

Assuming people know how to root thier phone and get it into fastboot, here's how I did it in 15 minutes:

Keep it simple man! I'm no genius either. I used: http://www.n2k1.openetna.mayix.net/firmware/open_eve/GB234_110511/GB234_110511_qril_lib_update.zip

It has both system and boot files. I then used Guimmer's Winflasher http://bit.ly/winflasher3_3 to install. Here's his instruction page Winflasher 3.1 tutorial - Guimmers Home You have to wipe and then flash. It took me two times but I think I didn't do a wipe on the first try.

I'm on Rogers so I then went on chat with their tech support and told them specifically to disable the Name Display function of caller ID. I still see who is calling me if the person is a contact in my phone so this is basically a non issue. This is not an issue with the new software as a friend of mine with a new Samsung Galaxy (stock 2.3) on Rogers had the same problem

The phone rocks!
i have tried what was explained in the winflasher tutorial but when i select option 2 (flash boot and system) it says write failed. Can someone help me here? i really need to get my fone upgraded.

Upvote 0
hi all. i was able to figure out the problem that i had with the flash write failed on fastboot. what i did was, first i did a fastboot -w and than unplugged the USB from the phone and than plugged it back again and did a fastboot but this time went and did fastboot flash boot boot.img and it worked. try it. let me know your stuck. cheers

Upvote 0
hey I got a little issue i got this all installed but when i turn on the wifi something obviously goes wrong because it goes back to the loading screen with the android guy on the skateboard and does not leave it. I left the phone alone for 20 mins and it just stayed on the loading screen

does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

ive tried reflashing everything again but same problem happens every time i turn the wifi on

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones