gingerbread is on the way andoid os 3.0

Last Updated:

1. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

here is the link for the new update info
    Android 3.0 Gingerbread getting revamped UI, Froyo living on for lower-end phones? -- Engadget

i know we all waiting for froyo 2.2 to come out soon like sprint said but i would like to get 3.0 too and it looks like the evo quailify for it, what you guys think about this, what would you like to see?

personally i would like to see the UI changes that there talking about and more mature OS(aftear all is 3.0) and also more intigration without htc sense i do like sense but some phone are left behind if they didn't buy a HTC phone... i also would like a videochat app from google since after all it would be better for the OS(you seen facetime in iphone is truth only thru wi-fi but it does a really good job) syncing with music i dont mind i got DT for that, and probably some edit features for videos will be nice

Advertisement
  2. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

everyone wants to edit videos on their phone now? lol Thanks Apple

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Ill stick to video editing on my pc.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

4. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

I would hope that HTC includes the EVO on android updates for at least a year lol. If not there is no way I ever purchase another HTC phone.

That said, do we really need to start gingerbread threads? It's going to be never ending from now until it comes out.

5. CrazyTechnoBoy

CrazyTechnoBoy Well-Known Member

Wait A Minute, So The Evo Will Go From 800x480 to 1280x760?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

6. teky

teky Well-Known Member

I don't worry about it...when HTC stops upgrading the EVO, that's when I'll just root it.

Covert_Death likes this.
  7. jgalan14

i was wondering the same... mm i'm not too good about this but does anybody know if we could be able to do that?

8. jgalan14

same here i wish they will at lest update till sumeer 2011, like the samsung moment or htc hero not even a year old and not more upgrades, but thanks to the root family we can get some love ha ha

9. jgalan14

well i just want to add music to some videos and upload them to youtube instead of doing thru the laptop sometimes i don't have much time.

10. talz13

talz13 Well-Known Member

This must be some different editing than I'm thinking about... I added some music and transitions to a 2 minute video and it took ~30 minutes to render on my 2.4ghz quad core. How long would that take on a 1ghz snapdragon?

11. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

i would think we would get 3.0, it's less than 6 months away and if they arn't planning to update that short after release then its just rediculous

12. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

I recently made a 2minute video myself and the production process took nearly 5 hours... although I made a few "template" animations in flash cs4 that I will reuse in the future, and that and photoshop illustrator took most of the time.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

13. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Hopefully the former Palm employee has a strong hand in things. A lot of spit and polish, a little more swiping and less taps. Better email and message integration. Better email period (tired of gmail being the darling). Should be interesting.

Personally I don't care for the increased fragmentation they mention by continuing Froyo for lower end devices. Now developers will have to support 2.2 and 3.x somewhat indefinitely?

14. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

I would assume the Evo's resolution is a hardware limitation, and not something software could change.

15. CrazyTechnoBoy

Well Can Someone Comfirm SprintFun's Post?

16. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

I don't think the screen resolution is going to change on your current phone at all.

17. shandroid

shandroid Well-Known Member

Have a feeling this is beyond the EVO and for the next gen smart phones, we'll see.

18. Daft Punk

Daft Punk Well-Known Member

a question that cant be answered right now. ask this next year.

19. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

When you upgrade to a different version of Windows does your monitor magically become capable of showing more resolutions? No...the monitor portion would have to support it natively.

20. jgalan14

mm the seen like forever to me i just want some really small features to edit videos not in depth, like sometimes that your record some wrong part and just want to cut it and sent it intead of editing on your pc, not too in depth, and abou the palm guy working with google yeah sound like a good idea just swiping up to get rid of application instead of touching and close, also the card view in web os is nice but i doubt we will get it, but what i wonder is what do you need at least a 3.5 and all the rest of the requirements, they must have some nice stuff coming

21. CrazyTechnoBoy

Kinda. You Can Change The Resolution To Something Higher Than Your Moniter Is Capable Of. (Well on mine you could).

22. hitekalex

hitekalex Well-Known Member

Actually it can be answered now. No, screen resolution cannot be increased via software update.

23. dbpaddler

The panel is what the panel is. It's a fixed LCD panel. How would you change it?

24. dbpaddler

and what were your results? Looked like crap right?

25. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

exactly, guys resolution is determined by how many pixels exist, how do you expect the screen to PHYSICALLY grow with the update, (that is what you are asking btw, for more PHYSICAL pixels to apear) no, the resolution will not change haha