Gingerbread keyboard not working properlySupport

Last Updated: 2011-08-25 13:48:20
  1. hadoob024

hadoob024 Member

Is anyone having issues with their keyboard since the gingerbread update? For instance, none of the keys that have ellipsis under them seem to work properly. Like I'll long press the period button and it brings up a menu of punctuation marks, but it doesn't let me select any of them. It always returns the default comma button.

Same for the emoticon button. If you long press it, it brings up a list of other emoticons but only will select the default one that's chosen.

Kinda frustrating. Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

My thoughts are:

1. This should be in the G2X forum, so I'm moving it.
    2. You don't lift your finger from the keyboard, when the extras appear, slide it to just below the one you want.
    hadoob024 likes this.
  3. hadoob024

hadoob024 Member

1) Oops. Sorry. Thanks for fixing.
    2) Cool. Thanks. Guess they changed that. It used to leave the popup open until you selected something. Because I used to just long press, let go, then choose a selection from the popup. Oh well. Thanks for the tip though. It works. I thought that I had tried that. Just realized that I was holding the button down with my right thumb and then trying to select something with my left thumb.
  4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

The multitouch on the keyboard is for holding shift/?123 and then tapping a letter/number, anything that pops up you slide to :)
  5. hadoob024

hadoob024 Member

Thanks! I must admit that I feel like an idiot for not having figured this out.
  6. hadoob024

hadoob024 Member

Here's another keyboard issue. Why does hitting the spacebar no longer write out a period? It used to, but no longer and I don't see it as an option.
  7. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Because T-Mobile/LG broke it.

On CM7 double tapping space still puts a full stop in.
    travla likes this.
  8. hadoob024

hadoob024 Member

Cool. That's good to know. That's the most annoying thing that broke (as far as I can tell). Hmmm... Might have to root my phone and throw on CM.