1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

gingerbread news!

1. WalmartSecurity

WalmartSecurity Well-Known Member

p3droid

Advertisement
    jroc, Caveman419 and colchiro like this.
  2. dabomb224

dabomb224 Well-Known Member

I know that P3Droid is generally on the level, but even so, I find myself extremely gun-shy of good news from devs this week.
  3. althepal1984

althepal1984 Well-Known Member

Yeah my hopes got high today this am only to have a desk pop ruin everything
  4. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

I'll believe it when I see it :)
    Won't complain either way if you ask me, though!
  5. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

x2
    Although P3Droid is a lot more trustworthy then nenod@$$ I'm gonna be a bit more skeptical about things they announce.
  6. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

Really? If P3 has always backed up everything that he has said. This is not up to him, but just the fact that he says GB is stable is a good sign.
  7. faber78

faber78 Guest

lies!!!! all lies i tell ya!!!!
  8. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Well-Known Member

Not gonna lose any sleep over Nenoled. Unfollow and chill.
    Looking forward to GB on the DX and July for a new (non Moto) phone.
    bouchigo likes this.
  9. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

If we can't root it, I don't want it :D
  10. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

11. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Haha to the above! :D Relax...he has been discussing GB on the X for some time now. It has been on a dev only X for at least a few weeks.
  12. bouchigo

Yeah I know, hopefully SuperOneClick will do the trick because it seems Z4Root will not.
  13. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

i marked him as spam. Others should too.
    If he's gonna keep doing stuff like this via Twitter then he shouldn't have one
  14. dmiller2007

Nah. These one click root programs take the fun out if it lol I like having to enter all the command lines into my terminal emulator on my phone /sarcasm.
  15. bouchigo

Not me, I don't like creating extra work when it's not necessary.....one button and done ;)
  16. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

P3droid is always honorable.
  17. dmiller2007

+1. This goes for the majority of the dev community (for the dx at least) that are big contributors. It takes honorable people to put this much time into something that benefits the community so much. Obviously it benefits them also but I don't think that's what drives the majority. Can't give enough props to our devs.
    Bradferguson likes this.
  18. bouchigo

+2
  19. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Same here, I don't want it if we can't gain root access.
  20. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

I am sure someone will figure out the way to root it. Just like on 3.4.2, it took a couple days but a method was found to do everything.
  21. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Dont really care anymore to be honest. I'm happy with Fission.
  22. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

and i'm happy with Liberty. I am worn out by that hoax, though. I had all sorts of hopes. Oh well.
  23. WalmartSecurity

WalmartSecurity Well-Known Member

Yeah I had high hopes of CM7 on the DX.

Although, is CM7 that smooth because it uses a stock gingerbread build, or because the tweaks applied make gingerbread significantly faster?

Everybody who has tried the .342 build said it's fast/er than fission/rubix/liberty, so I guess I have high hopes for gingerbread. Especally since p3 said he liked the blur, so I'm assuming it's less intrusive. Since .342 is a blur build AND is fast, I guess Moto is really streamlining their software...

Cheers to high hopes!
  24. bouchigo

I said it was smoother and a bit faster at first, but after going back to Fission (after a week of using 3.4.2) it's not, at least for me it wasn't.
  25. emaN resU

emaN resU Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you're a Fission fanboy! :p :D

I'm still running it and it's good enough until the next release of, well, any ROM, cuz you know I'm going to flash the next new ROM that comes out. :eek: