Gingerbread now available through LG update tool!!!!General

1. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

after the update:
    [​IMG]

I had problems with the install running windows vista on my laptop. It would always get stuck on 6% and then give me a "usb phone connection error". Tried it with my netbook running windows xp and ran through the update and install with no problems.

Things that i've noticed different:
    - Better Android keyboard
    - Notification pulldown bar is different (color and icons)
    - More Bloatware
    - 3D game convertor
    - Flash now works with 3D camera
    - Flash works with video camera (never checked before with 2.2)
    - Video Editor
    - Supports up to 21mbps (2.2 was 14.4mbps)

Thats what i noticed just from the few minutes of messing around with the phone. Also my data speed have increased using speednet app.

Finally we can be some what up to date. Enjoy!!!
  3. bigjerries

bigjerries Well-Known Member

Awesome! Im gonna download it during my lunch break. I hope this improves battery life.
  4. S Chonson

S Chonson Well-Known Member

I can't get the app to recognize my phone. :/ Keeps saying my phone is disconnected when it clearly is connected.

And yes I downloaded all the drivers.
  5. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Try restarting your phone with the USB cable plugged from the phone to your computer. Also, what are u using (XP, vista or 7)?
  6. S Chonson

Rebooted. Same stuff is happening.

EDIT: I GOT IT! It took several connects/disconnects of the USB cable for the software to recognize it.
  7. Dittomoo

Dittomoo New Member

To fix this, go to settings, SD card & phone storage and make sure that Mass storage only is unchecked. It will now detect the phone and show connected.

Worked for me so I hope it works for you.
  8. bigjerries

bigjerries Well-Known Member

mine says software update not supported for this model. any suggestions on what i can do. i also downloaded all the drivers

cancel that. its downloading the update now.
  9. S Chonson

[​IMG]

Holy hell this is annoying. I can't get the Gmail and Google+ apps to STAY closed! They keep reopening! GO AWAY!!!

Another big annoyance, when I receive a text it no longer tell me who it's from on the lock screen.
  10. dpeters63

dpeters63 Member

I went through the download process and had a number of issues with it. Finally after setting up in USB Debugging, removing the SD card, I was able to get the LG Mobile Update Software to recognize the phone.
    Went through the software update check and said there is not a new update available.
    Rechecked my software level and it says 2.2.2.
    No Gingerbread for me.
    Any idea why this would be? :mad:
    K-Rizzle likes this.
  11. burntpiston

burntpiston New Member

I personally had no issues, partly because I all ready DL the USB drivers awhile ago. There are step by step instructions on the LG site. My only issues was my laptop read only 4% completed but after awhile my phone restarted itself and the update was done and I'm running windows 7 on my laptop. You can only update via LG site not the update under settings.
  12. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Once you open up the LG update tooler hit the download drivers button while your phone is plugged in and see if that'll work.
  13. dpeters63

dpeters63 Member

I went through and updated drivers without success. Still no luck.

Someone mentioned uninstalling the old drivers. How would I go about uninstalling the Unified Drivers?
  14. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Do u have a different computer to update it with?
  15. pedro6669

pedro6669 Member

No luck updating it too. I get to 30% (31% once) and it tells me that there is a problem communication between my pc and phone, disconnect and try again. Damn it! Any ideas please?!
  16. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

It was doing the same problem with me on my windows 7 laptop. Switched to my xp net OK and it went through perfect.
  17. dpeters63

dpeters63 Member

Unfortunately, the other computer is my office computer and there are so many controls on it. I will check to see if I can do it on my daughters airmac later tonight. Thanks for the suggestion.
  18. pedro6669

pedro6669 Member

Hmm. My computer is running XP and its still not working. One more reason to not like this damn phone. Thanks for the help though.
  19. pedro6669

pedro6669 Member

So i went to LGs website and went to the chat with a "tech" person. (BS). Their best solution was for me to do a factory reset and maybe thatll work. I dont know about anyone else, but this is the last LG phone i will ever buy. Anyone have any idea why its not recognizing my phone?!
  20. Green35

Green35 New Member

So I tried to update with my Windows 7 PC. I got the error at 30% about the phone computer connection. Happened several times. Is there any work-around on this? My ancient XP desktop doesn't even start anymore, and I have access to an old MacBook, but of course LG Mobile Support is not available on OSX.

I really hope they put this over-the-air really soon.
  21. khha4113

khha4113 Member

Just updated to Gingerbread 2.3.5 (thanks JayC), but now my FM radio is no longer work (keep forcing close all the time either bluetooth enabled or not)
  22. dpeters63

dpeters63 Member

Tried the download again this weekend on the same computer that it would not work on before. Success! :) This time it downloaded more drivers than the previous time.
    Not sure if the servers were too busy or what. Keep on trying if you're having trouble.
  23. nashaikh

nashaikh New Member

i am using lg thrill android v 2.3.5 but fm radio not working but android v 2.2.5
    fm radio is working please help this topic
    thanx
  24. arjunprasad

arjunprasad New Member

when i try to update it lg mobile support tool says NOT ENOUGH FREE DISK SPACE i even formatted my phone memory plz reply it would be very helpful
  25. danysl

danysl New Member

Thanks, this worked perfectly.