• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread now available through LG update tool!!!!

BigCiX

Android Expert
Jul 30, 2010
California
Its a 420.25 mb download. First you need to go to LG's website and download their update tool

LG Mobile Support: Find the Latest Drivers & Product Guides | LG USA

Here's the picture i took right before downloading
uldate.jpg

after the update:
mail.jpg

I had problems with the install running windows vista on my laptop. It would always get stuck on 6% and then give me a "usb phone connection error". Tried it with my netbook running windows xp and ran through the update and install with no problems.

Things that i've noticed different:
- Better Android keyboard
- Notification pulldown bar is different (color and icons)
- More Bloatware
- 3D game convertor
- Flash now works with 3D camera
- Flash works with video camera (never checked before with 2.2)
- Video Editor
- Supports up to 21mbps (2.2 was 14.4mbps)

Thats what i noticed just from the few minutes of messing around with the phone. Also my data speed have increased using speednet app.

Finally we can be some what up to date. Enjoy!!!

Upvote 0
I went through the download process and had a number of issues with it. Finally after setting up in USB Debugging, removing the SD card, I was able to get the LG Mobile Update Software to recognize the phone.
Went through the software update check and said there is not a new update available.
Rechecked my software level and it says 2.2.2.
No Gingerbread for me.
Any idea why this would be? :mad:

Reactions: K-Rizzle
Upvote 0
I went through the download process and had a number of issues with it. Finally after setting up in USB Debugging, removing the SD card, I was able to get the LG Mobile Update Software to recognize the phone.
Went through the software update check and said there is not a new update available.
Rechecked my software level and it says 2.2.2.
No Gingerbread for me.
Any idea why this would be? :mad:

Once you open up the LG update tooler hit the download drivers button while your phone is plugged in and see if that'll work.

Upvote 0
So I tried to update with my Windows 7 PC. I got the error at 30% about the phone computer connection. Happened several times. Is there any work-around on this? My ancient XP desktop doesn't even start anymore, and I have access to an old MacBook, but of course LG Mobile Support is not available on OSX.

I really hope they put this over-the-air really soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones