Gingerbread ROM - How to get swype now.Support

Last Updated:

1. AndDude

AndDude Member

Hi,

I got the gingerbread Area 51 ROM onto my Precedent. But, you see that the default ROM takes off 'swype' which I absolutely love and it's pretty handy for me. Is there anyway I can get it?

I tried going to the actual swype website, but, that form, no matter how much I try is not sending me the 'email' to try the swype beta. It says it sent the email, but, I never get it. I tried two different emails too. And before you ask, I checked the spam folder even.

Please help. I really would like to get swype on my Precedent and still not lose Gingerbread.

Or would anybody have better alternatives for Swype. I tried SlideIT but, I like Swype better.

Advertisement
  2. wolfy02

wolfy02 Member

Try this apk out. direct copy from my system directory. opened it up on the phone and it asked if i wanted to install, should work for you.
    AndDude likes this.
  3. whompus60

whompus60 Well-Known Member

You can also get in on the beta of swype here Swype | Text Input for Screens just create an account and the link will be sent to your email to install it from.
    AndDude likes this.
  4. AndDude

AndDude Member

Apparently, their registration server was acting up, so, the emails came in now and I was able to install Swype Beta. Thank you for your help.
  5. chris121671

chris121671 New Member

need those files once again please they were taken down to early