Gingerbread Search Button GlitchSupport

1. ryank262

ryank262 Active Member

First, you should know that my phone was submerged in water for 5 seconds and it slowly came back to life for like 2 weeks and was running fine...

I installed the leaked gingerbread update to my phone and it was running perfect for a few days but now it keeps thinking that I'm pressing the search button over and over and over again. The search menu will come up then go away then come back up then go away, and it will do this forever.

I have a feeling it might be the internals starting to corrode from the water damage or is it a bug in the new update?

Anyone else with these problems?
    Thanks
    (BTW I'm running the 4.5.588.MB810 Leak, not the latest leak....

Advertisement
    :
  2. Kaleb Randleaxe

Kaleb Randleaxe Well-Known Member

Well, have you tried going back to Froyo? Sure, it might be water damage. But it also might be a software issue. Nobody can diagnose that from a distance, really. Although I'm inclined to believe it's the water damage, going back to Froyo and seeing if the problem persists is really the only way to tell (or maybe even move to a different flavor of Gingerbead [kernel, ROM, etc.]).
  3. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

I think it would be safe to say its the water damage.
  4. Kavanova

Kavanova Member

Hey,

I've been having the same problem with no history of water damage. But my problem comes and goes. One of my friends who also has the DX is having the same issue as well. I am running 4.5.573 leak.
  5. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

You should update to the newest OTA that may fix it. Check out the root forum for more information