Gingerbread Update may not target biggest concern?General

1. nguyen18

nguyen18 Well-Known Member

So apparently the gingerbread update is set to launch at the end of the month. Personally with all the delays with this phone, I'll believe it when I see it. So I've read up on the update and it seems like Skype is coming, enhanced GPS, reboot issue fix, etc... The only problem is that I haven't seen anything in regards to possible improvements to battery life? Is it possible for gingerbread to improve battery life or am I just too hopeful?

Advertisement
  2. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

Too hopeful. Huge screen, 1st gen LTE radio, small battery... It is what it is.

The only way I have found to make it through a whole day is to use setcpu to underclock when the screen is locked and to use greenpower to keep the 4g/wireless radios in check.
  3. jcnyc

jcnyc Well-Known Member

Would be nice but don't get your hopes up. What we can hope for is it solves any overheating issues which is one of the main causes for rapid battery drain.
  4. milellie111

milellie111 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, battery life will only be addressed with the release of the HTC Thunderbolt 2 :)
  5. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

+1 yup, with a new LTE radio lol. I'm still just planning on using it as a 3G phone. It's fast enough
  6. SeekerOfTheWay

SeekerOfTheWay Well-Known Member

For me the biggest issue is the reboots. Battery life I've got figured out and am satisfied with. Fix the reboots and Im camping happy again.
  7. DoctorZaius68

DoctorZaius68 Well-Known Member

+1