• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread update

BigCiX

Android Expert
Jul 30, 2010
California
Ok after playing with the Thrill for awhile i think i'm going to keep it
4.43mbps down 1.08 up quadrent score 2497 AnTuTu benchmark score 4857
i think it will only get better after the update i like a phone with a little weight
the samsung feels cheap i am tough on phones plus i bought the best buy
warranty for 10 bucks a month no matter how many times you break it drop
it in the john they fix or replace it screen and water dammage included now
SEND ME THE UPDATE!!!!!!! please :D

Upvote 0
As far as the gingerbread update is concerned I used to work for AT&T and its most likely not coming out in October.

The reason why I believe this is because originally it was said the gingerbread update was going to come out in October for the Optimus 3D and have the 3D converter software in it but instead LG decided to just release a maintenance update (in october) with the 3D convertor program meaning that odds are they are still testing and having issues with gingerbread on the Optimus but wanted to at least honor releasing the 3D convertor program since they dropped the gun and announced it was coming in october.

Now because of this that would mean that the Optimus 3D isn't going to get gingerbread until at the earliest November and even then it will get it first before AT&T gets it to roll it out. Its not AT&T faults but the manufacturer LG so AT&T is at there mercy. Now naturally because the Optimus 3D hasn't received gingerbread yet its only safe to assume based on facts that the LG Thrill won't get it until most likely 2 months afterwards if we are lucky.

Facts pertaining to the fact that the gingerbread update officially came out for the Optimus one in August but has yet to be released on the LG Phoenix sold by AT&T. AT&T while being committed to gingerbread still is slow with timely updates. The Motorola Atrix didn't get gingerbread until 3 to 4 months after launch. The Samsung Infuse (while it has gingerbread on rogers network in canada) still hasn't released gingerbread and we are on the 3 month since launch of the phone. While I hope gingerbread comes out soon its pointless to believe it will be out anytime soon, i'm also wondering if AT&T will release the maintenance update or just wait for gingerbread, my assumption would be wait until gingerbread so it will be a quicker release.

Upvote 0
Well at&t did say that all phones released this year will have gingerbread. Whether we get it or not, i've made up my mind to only have the Thrill until the Nexus Prime comes to at&t. Im taking my son's upgrade and getting the Prime while he takes the Thrill. It's a major upgrade from a iphony 3G. Besides he's only 10 so he'll love the Thrill. I had the captivate prior before the Thrill and it took 8 months for us to get it after the phone was released. It had one update and that was it. I'm just so tired of updated android OS lacking on devices that I have officially made a promise to myself that i will NEVER buy another android phone not sponsered by Google. Nexus gets all the updates first and I would like to get my moneys worth on smartphones rather then one update per device. So March is his upgrade (I don't think at&t will have the Prime til late December or early next year) therefore I'll just stick it out with this phone until then.

Upvote 0
i just got the thrill and its amazing only thing i dont like is it doesnt have swype which is not a big deal its not as big as i thought but thats ok the 3d is out of this world and thats something iphony as i saw some1 call it will get anytime soon i dont think i love my phone though and its got a hdmi port can we say eat that iphoney?

Upvote 0
A traitor to the cause, hahaha. I returned my Thrill before the 30 days ran out.
Reasons: Poor battery performance, no updated system, 5mp cams, ATT still charging $100. Do I really need 3D?
Actually: I bought a 2700ma battery. Beware of the 3500 ... read the reviews about very poor quality.
I will wait and see the updated Gingerbread system.
I am operating my old ATT Tilt 2 and thanks to this forum I updated to WinMobile 6.5 and it is a very good phone/computer. It's NO THRILL though.
I can wait for he update and any other improvements .... and Costco has it for $29.95
I also have a new Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab which is a BIG Thrill so I can keep running Android neat stuff.

UPDATE: Bought a new Thrill from AT&T so I can keep my unlimited data. Upgraded to GB, added 32GB and the 2700 battery. Best I ever had.

Upvote 0
If you want to test the Brazil rom you can. I have been on it for a week and haven't noticed anything stopping it except for not being able to root.

Here is the kdz file needed:
http://csmg.lgmobile.com/swdata/WEBSW/LGP920H/ABRAML/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz

You install it by this method:
◘►◘►[FLASH + ROMS][v20B.KDZ] KDZ Files on WINDOWS 7 (64) & XP + Download◄◘◄◘ - xda-developers

You may need to wipe data by going into recovery afterwards:
Power + Vol Down

Make sure you add at&t apn after install to get working data.

Upvote 0
LG has detailed its Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich plans and 11 of its smartphones are due for the update to the latest Google mobile operating system.
The updates will begin in the "second and third quarters of 2012, which will be followed by a global rollout,"

Europe will get the update first. Then about 6 months after that and all US carriers bloat it......it'll finally hit us here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones