Gingerbreak Rooting of LGOE?

1. bcbullock

bcbullock Member

First, apologies if this has been covered, here; I took a look, but did not see it if it is.

Does anyone know if you can root the Elite with Gingerbreak? In theory, it roots Gingerbread OS, and it worked on my LG Optimus V. However, I do not know if 2.3.7 fixes the exploit and I cannot seem to find the info on XDA Developers.

So has anyone tried it? Maybe I'm lazy, but I prefer to do my rooting the easy way. :D

Thanks in advance for any information one way or the other.

Advertisement
    :
  2. bn35

bn35 Active Member

lazy
    might be an understatement
    there are 2 easy ways
    posted in this forum
  3. Artine

Artine Well-Known Member Contributor

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but gingerbreak was thwarted. And I believe it was by the 2.3.7 incarnation of Gingerbread itself that did the thwarting.
  4. bcbullock

bcbullock Member

Easy for someone who knows something about technology and easy for someone who does not, can be two very different things.
    The root for my V had me stymied until I discovered Gingerbreak; mostly due to fear of doing something wrong and bricking the phone.
    I have downloaded the guide, but do not have the chance to read it until after work. Hopefully, it knows all and tells all.
  5. Artine

Artine Well-Known Member Contributor

One method is really complex and takes a lot of time, the other simply requires two apps - one for databases necessary to run the second app, and with one touch the second app will properly root your phone. It is found here.
  6. bcbullock

bcbullock Member

Ah, so; exactly what I was curious about.
    I will fall back to the guide, then. Hopefully, I can find a method that works for me and that I am capable of pulling off.
  7. DsyMnapTic

DsyMnapTic Well-Known Member

Poot is literally as easy as any rooting app you will find, you just gotta be willing to read a simple set of instructions, the same as you would do with an app on the market to know how it works
  8. bcbullock

bcbullock Member

Thank you, Artine. I will go with that when my Elite comes in. Sounds like something I can handle. I try not to overrate my own abilities too much, it saves tears and screaming.
  9. bcbullock

bcbullock Member

I can do that; I appreciate the helpful illustrations that come with the instructions. Those are always helpful. :D
  10. bn35

bn35 Active Member

11. lomaxxx1337

lomaxxx1337 Member

If you cannot root with poot... how do I put this nicely.... [Insert remark here]

It was so easy I succeeded the first try flawlessly. Same with CWM and Harmonia. But don't get too carried away! ;)
  12. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

rooting with poot is so easy a blind ancient alien with tentacles for hands could pull it off!!
  13. DsyMnapTic

Damn it I've been unveiled.:eek:
  14. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

15. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

I had my suspicions... but now I know.. you're a dalek!!

:dalek:
  16. DsyMnapTic

17. landonh12

landonh12 Well-Known Member

18. DsyMnapTic

19. DroidMello

DroidMello Active Member

I wanted to add that with a new elite I'd recommend letting it update to z5 before rooting.