• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gives me a American Roaming message when I call

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE on Virgin Mobile. As I was trying to flash the Victorious rom on TWRP, I clicked the "Format Data" option by accident. I hadn't made a backup of it, and when I tried to restore from a TWRP backup from

http://androidforums.com/virgin-mob...stock-virgin-mobile-victory-07-04-2013-a.html

The wi-fi turn on then flicks off after 2-3 seconds. When I an in wi-fi settings it still says "Turning Wi-Fi on" in the dialogue box beneath the switch.

It also won't let me turn on Bluetooth.

Last, when I try to call, it says

(Tone) To make a call to a mobile phone or a landline phone, dial 411. To redeem or purchase a prepaid card, press 2. To speak to a live operator and enter for a chance to win $100, press 3.
If I press 1 it just says to dial the number and if I do that, it says "Please wait while American Roaming completes your call"

I got fine service here before I restored it.

It is running android 4.1.2

My e-mail is zachary.olesen@gmail.com

Thank you for your help :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones