As families leave the city, and state, some neighborhoods

Advertisement
  2. italianwjt

italianwjt Well-Known Member

You have two families:

3. hakr100

hakr100 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

"Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number,
    And gets paid $15.00 cash “under the table”.

Arrest and imprison Jose Illegal's employer for breaking the law. Keep doing that until there are no employers left who hire illegals and pay them under the table.

4. Hangdog42

Hangdog42 Well-Known Member

5. TheBeardedMann

TheBeardedMann Well-Known Member

6. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

get rid of both sides of the problem. heavily fine and imprison employers that hire illegals and treat illegals for what they are, federal law breakers, criminals...

i keep saying it, the USA allowed over 1 million people into this country legally in 2009, if they want in they can do it the legal way.

7. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

i'm tired of this chicken and egg nonsense. you don't stop drugs by getting the dealers, or the users, it's BOTH... there is no reason you can not address both hiring of illegals, AND the illegal migration at once. and Arizona is attempting to make the job of the federal government easier by doing it for them... since they are all too afraid of loosing Jose illegals vote, they are going to loose Joe's

8. Hangdog42

That's funny. The War on Drugs costs about $40 billion a year, split about 50/50 between the states and the Feds (those are your tax dollars at work folks). In 2008 somewhere around 1.5 million people were arrested for drug offenses and about a third ended up in jail. What it is the result? The US drug market is estimated to be around $350 billion/yr.

You sure you want to use that as your blueprint for stopping illegals?

9. dpizzo

dpizzo Well-Known Member

10. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

Don't not do something because it's too hard. If what you suggest is true, then it's just another problem to be taken care of, not a reason not to take care of the problem in hand.

hakr100 is right, the illegal employers have to be targeted.
    SB1070* is right, the illegal immigrants have to be targeted.
    and
    any corruption between employers and the authorities needs to be targeted too.

Start at the top with the Public corruption, then go after the employers, then go after the immigrants; you don't bail out water, then plug the hole then avoid the rocks in a boat after all.

*from what(little) I've read/heard)

11. dpizzo

dpizzo Well-Known Member

I'm not denying it needs to be done, nor am I saying to not do it because it is hard. All I'm saying is it isn't the solution. There is no one solution. It's several things that need to be done.

12. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

Fair point, I read your original post perhaps more negatively than it was intended; I do agree with what you're saying.

dpizzo likes this.
  13. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Don't know how it is in California but in Texas, Joe legal is too lazy to perform manual labor.

9.9 times out of 10, those positions are filled by Jose Illegal.

.... and yes, I'm being facetious if you can't tell.

14. LiamSHepard

LiamSHepard Well-Known Member

Oh just make a flat sales tax and exempt food, then this will not matter very much since everyone will be paying into the system even drug dealers, hookers, or people getting paid under the table. Let them stay and focus on people who have not been here the whole time. This will free up manpower and resources. As long as they are paying the same taxes as me I don't really care.

I only care about immigration to the point of, "I do not want to have so many people here we are stacked on top of each other like in Tokyo, or other major cities."

15. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

Wouldn't work; it's been discussed on these forums before, and all the indications are that trying to implement a flat sales tax would require the % to be so high it simply could not operate in any practical manner.

16. LiamSHepard

So it would be higher than the current 27% minimum we pay now?

17. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

I reckon it'd be much higher. These are only my rough example figures, but I still think a flat sales tax that excluded food would need to be in excess of 200%

18. LiamSHepard

Eh, I'll start another new thread about it so I don't derail this one.

19. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

I got to the part about supermarkets closing in the beginning of the year and stopped reading. Common sense would say that most business is declining because of the economic situations, not because of illegal immigrants not buying anything.

20. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

common sense? I think these whiners missed out on that

for the sake of argument though...... lets say that these supermarkets ARE closing because illegal immigrants arent purchasing anymore............ if your business model is based on selling to criminals then you deserve to be put out of business

21. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

And surprising no one mentioned a common practice by illegals is sending money out of the country, and that money never comes back, making the dollar weaker. I say all 50 states enforce a law like this, and we boot them all. And take the double blade attack and punish employers heavily for employing illegals knowingly.

22. Hangdog42

Maybe no one has mentioned it because it has absolutely no basis in fact? The geographic location of a dollar has absolutely no bearing on the value of that dollar. Besides, by this "logic" Walmart and every other company that does business outside our borders should be shut down immediately since the amount of money they send overseas dwarfs anything the illegals send out. Better be safe and prevent all Americans from leaving the country too because they might spend money outside our borders.

I'm sure your local community college would be happy to enroll you in a basic econ course.

itk231 likes this.
  23. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

The sending of earnings overseas can be a problem for local economies, but it's not solely a problem of illegal immigrants; that's maybe another reason it's not been brought up in this particular thread.

24. hakr100

hakr100 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wowser! So by your reasoning, we should ban imports and, of course, wars, because both involve sending money out of the country and a lot of that money never comes back. And, of course, we should not permit Americans to be tourists in foreign countries, because they carry money out of the country and a lot of that money never comes back.

25. WAdude

WAdude Well-Known Member

Well, what most bothers me about this is that the US is losing its values. By simply letting illegal immigrants just hop our borders and we do nothing about it is a real slap in the face to all the legal immigrants that came here in the 1800s and 1900s and became Americanized, worked 3 jobs, payed their taxes, and fought wars against their own countries (German Americans fighting in Germany). Worse is that they fought side by side, were abused because of their accents and treated horribly, yet had no complaints and waived the American flag as if they were born here. But now, these guys are coming here illegally, not paying taxes, saying they are offended by the American flag (it happened in a school on Cinco de Mayo), but worse yet, they say they come here for oppurtunity and hope and to become Americans, when they wont even obey the laws here.