• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Giving Arizona What It Is Asking For...

Welll, Iowa did state:

"They are stealing from us just by working our jobs."

I wonder if the "illegal" working Iowa's job does a better job of it than he does. ;)

I don't consider the mere act of theft violent...

And that point remains true.

And not many illegals can probably do MY job, as it requires fluent English, for starters. Among intense knowledge of the print industry =D

Upvote 0
And not many illegals can probably do MY job, as it requires fluent English, for starters. Among intense knowledge of the print industry =D

Fluent English? "Among intense knowledge of the print industry."

Say what?

BTW, what's the "print industry"?

Do you mean the printing industry?

I guess my English isn't as "fluent" as yours. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Fluent English? "Among intense knowledge of the print industry."

Say what?

BTW, what's the "print industry"?

Do you mean the printing industry?

I guess my English isn't as "fluent" as yours. :rolleyes:

We(the people who work in the industry) call it the print industry, because we make "prints"

Even though not everything is ink.

So you know specific color blending techniques to match a certain pantone color or specific shade? Or how about calibrating a 62" Large format digital solvent ink printer? Oh, I know, you know the proper under stitch for reebok youth football jerseys. But yeah, way to try(and fail at that) to be petty.

Upvote 0
We(the people who work in the industry) call it the print industry, because we make "prints"

Even though not everything is ink.

So you know specific color blending techniques to match a certain pantone color or specific shade? Or how about calibrating a 62" Large format digital solvent ink printer? Oh, I know, you know the proper under stitch for reebok youth football jerseys. But yeah, way to try(and fail at that) to be petty.

Oh. I thought maybe you were in the printing on paper industry...but what you do is print on football jerseys?

Upvote 0
Oh. I thought maybe you were in the printing on paper industry...but what you do is print on football jerseys?

Oh no no.. no paper here. We do print on some football jerseies. Depends on the jersey. The low end ones get printed on with silk screen, while the higher ones get embroidered. We can also print on adhesive backed vvinyl(for signs, stickers, car wraps, all kinds of stuff) banners etc. In fact, most billboards you see today are printed on banner material. Some of them if your up close you can see some banding and pixelation =P. But that doesn't matter, because most people don't get within 10 ft of a banner.

Upvote 0
Are they? Love to hear you definition of the two, 'cause I've heard both terms used to describe different elements within the 'print' industry as a whole.

i really dont care what you'd like a definition of mpw, your post pretty much proves mine and iowa's points, please see your quote, specifically the bold section then re-read my post. :rolleyes:

i said they were different things entirely, you said they were terms used to describe different elements, we're both saying they are different, but then you also posted, are they?!? maybe you're confusing yourself trying to spin circles around what other people post again huh? :thinking: i never once said they were two different industries, just said that there was a difference between print, and printing, imagine that, actually reading the words instead of reading into them. :eek:

IOWA calls it the print industry. my uncle has been in the print industry for 16 years. meanwhile hackr has supposedly spent millions of dollars and decades of time dealing with the printing industry, yet you, IOWA, myself, and my uncle who has been in the print industry for 16 years all refer to it as the print industry.

thx mpw. :) although i highly doubt the intent of your post was to prove mine and IOWA's point that is in fact exactly what you have done.

Upvote 0
i really dont care what you'd like a definition of mpw...
That's it, enter fully into the spirit of debate; why try and further knowledge and understanding when you can have a petty squabble instead :rolleyes:

...your post pretty much proves mine and iowa's points, please see your quote, specifically the bold section then re-read my post. :rolleyes:...
Okay; you claim two things are completely different, as I understood it in the context of the previous posts (which clearly they were, as you refer to them later in your latest post too), I said that I'd heard them used to describe the same industry, as opposed to IOWA's explanation which suggest that he in the 'print' industry is different to the 'printing' industry.

I had thought maybe that these two separate industries differed somehow, perhaps both in practice or just reference in the US compared to other parts of the world, I merely sought some sort of clarification, but obviously this is something you don't care about:rolleyes:

...maybe you're confusing yourself trying to spin circles around what other people post again huh?...
Why is seeking clarification, trying to learn seen as such a negative thing?

...i never once said they were two different industries, just said that there was a difference between print, and printing...
The exchange between IOWA and hakr100 regarding the print/printing industries was unclear as to whether the industries were different as hakr100 stance seems to imply, or merely the same referred to differently which IOWA's answer could be read to imply.

You then further separated the two things by saying they were completely different, and then went on to mock hakr100; saying that just because he hadn't heard of the 'print' industry referred to in such a way didn't mean it was automatically wrong.

Fact is that like me hakr100 simply asked a question, to which no real clear simple answer has been given, partly because you don't care about how a debate is supposed to work it seems.

...thx mpw. :) although i highly doubt the intent of your post was to prove mine and IOWA's point that is in fact exactly what you have done.
The fact is the point of my post was to get an answer to my question; something of a lost cause with some people. Sad really. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones