17 vote(s)
    68.0%

Last Updated:

1. dragonzsoul

dragonzsoul Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I don't mine is all the way down. Unless its high noon and sunny outdoors, all the way down is good for me and my eyes

3. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

Yep, mine's always turned down all the way. I'm indoors 99% of the time, anyways, and 0% is still rather bright. Wouldn't mind if it went even further - though I vaguely recall something about Voodoo eventually doing just that.

4. jgscott987

jgscott987 Well-Known Member

I leave mine set at 50%, which works fine almost all the time. I have a widget so that I can kick it up to 100% in a pinch, but otherwise I leave it at 50%. I liked the concept of auto-brightness, but had two deal-breaker problems:

1. The sensor seemed to get fooled by fluorescent lighting, which I have both at home and at work. I could leave my Incredible lying on a table and the screen brightness would oscillate considerably all by itself.

2. When holding the phone in landscape mode, the light sensor is under your left thumb/palm, resulting in an overly bright screen whenever you turn the phone to landscape.

5. No_u

No_u Well-Known Member

I don't think this matters all that much, only if you have your phone screen on all day...

I have mine on full brightness for AMOLED sexiness, but I always had it on the auto brightness setting, might put it back soon.

6. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

Mine's on auto most of the time, but I have a widget handy for times I need to crank it up to 100% or down to almost nothing.

No it doesn't dammit. Quit calling every scandal whatevergate you unimaginative puds.

7. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I don't use it, I have mine set to the lowest setting and adjust it manually if I'm outside on a sunny day.

8. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Nope, don't use auto-brightness. It sucked bad on my Hero. 1/3 bright seems great to me in all but the brightest situations.

9. SlowRain

SlowRain Well-Known Member

I set mine all the way down, and then adjust accordingly if I need to.

10. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Oh god, auto-brightness is horrible. It wasn't good on my iPod Touch 2G, and it wasn't much better on my Eris. I just have a widget that turns it on full bright, and entirely dimmed, depending on the current lighting.

11. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

No auto for me too. 40% or less indoors, widget to put it to 100% outside.

Just checking now....its been on 100% for some time and I didnt know...lol So I might have to say I leave it at 100% all the time too...

12. BORIStheBLADE

BORIStheBLADE Well-Known Member

IF.... auto brightness worked a little better I would use it. Early in the morning its still too bright for me so I don't use it anymore.

13. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I use auto brightness. I am outside enough that its worth while for me.

14. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I use auto-brightness. Plus I can use the stock Android widget to adjust screen brightness to low, auto, max, if needed. Plus my Epic has Touchwiz which allows easy swipe to adjust brightness.

Eazail70x7 likes this.