Glass back and CasesGeneral

1. ZingXao

ZingXao Well-Known Member

Ordered myself a Nexus 4 since they're now back in stock, still hasn't been dispatched yet so atm am just looking into cases.

So I have a couple of questions. How resilient to cracks and scratches is the back? I've seen a few videos and forums and it's a mixed response. Some say it's easy for the back to scratch and crack, whereas drop tests etc. make the back of the phone seem quite resilient.

Secondly, I've been looking into getting the Ionic Guardian case for the Nexus 4, and am wondering whether I'd be able to charge it with the case on, or whether that could cause problems or something?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Krunk83

Krunk83 Well-Known Member

I've had mine for a month and a half now and I have no scratches or cracks on my back. I'm sure you could still charge your phone with the case on as long it has a hole to place the usb charger into the slot. Thicker cases don't allow for QI charging.
    ZingXao likes this.
  3. ZingXao

Okay cool, thanks.

I'm just curious about charging with a case on in case it overheats or something like that? Or would it be fine to charge with the case on, provided it has the correct slots?
  4. Krunk83

It should be fine to charge with the case on. Mine doesn't really ever overheat unless I'm playing a game or something.

I have this on mine, the carbon fiber one...

http://dbrand.com/submodels/nexus-4/

Here's a photo of mine....

[​IMG]
    ZingXao and steve31 like this.
  5. steve31

steve31 Member

I like that. Looks great.
  6. ZingXao

Is a screen protector necessary for the front of the screen, considering is Gorilla Glass 2? Or would a back case just be necessary?
  7. Krunk83

It's really nice. I love it.
  8. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

My thought is simply that I'd rather accidentally scratch a screen protector than scratch the glass.... Ironically, if I were to scratch the back I wouldn't care.
  9. Krunk83

It's not necessary but it's all up to you and how you handle your phone. I have a few extra crappy ones if you want one to try out to help you decide. PM me your address and I'll mail them to you.
  10. Krunk83

The only problem with a screen protector is A) Finding a protector that is as silky smooth as the screen itself and B) Finding a screen protector that covers the entire screen, curves and all.
  11. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Too true. Door A or door B....
  12. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Well-Known Member

If you like ZAGG's products, and have some $ to spare, you could cover your phones body with an original full body protector, then see if they have an hd screen shield.

That would give you great grip on your phone, be able to keep its thin size and all appearances, and still have a high quality smooth screen.