Glass ReplacementGeneral

Last Updated:

1. whd1736

whd1736 Member This Topic's Starter

as wondering if anyone knows where I can get a glass replacement for the screen of the eris. I dropped it today and I don't ant to have to pay $90 to get it replaced. Could the guys at Verizon maybe repair it or htc?

Advertisement
  2. dirtmouth

dirtmouth Well-Known Member

glass replacement- $89.00
    new phone- $90.00
    insurance- $ priceless
    haha not sure about that at all really i would recommend a new phone anyway. back stuff up then get a new eris FTW, or upgrade?

3. A User Name

A User Name Well-Known Member

You're gonna have to get a replacement phone. Verizon doesn't have a repair shop any of the stores; that's not something that any phone store does. They always give you a replacement phone in place of your broken one if you have insurance, or if you just have to buy a new one.

4. whd1736

well I have insurance so i guess ill have to pay the $90. Might give htc a call to see if i can order a replacement part.

5. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

Is insurance different in different regions? My insurance, even on other smart phones, has been $50 deductible and they replace it. Up to a set amount (I think it is 3x) per year. So you are only out $50, not $90.

6. whd1736

Well when i bought the eris the salesman told me that instead of it being $50 it was now increased to $90 because it is a smartphone and the retail is much more than a regular phone.

7. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

I see. I'm going to check that out on mine then. They didn't notify me of a change in the terms, which they should have. Though that doesn't necessarily mean it's not true. :)

8. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

I was told $75.