• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Glass screen protector

Best one to get IMO is a tempered glass one. They work perfect. Just be careful with your phone in say your back pocket. If you bend over, or sit down, etc. the stress will very slightly bend the phone breaking the seal between them causing an irreversible bubble. Ask me how I know. I have to get my replacement bodyguardz next.

Upvote 0
Both film and tempered glass screen protectors will work fine with s-pen, though back when I was testing some cheap PET film screen protectors early on with my Note 2 - I found some ended up with scratch marks when using s-pen.

The main difference: film protector will protect from scratches, while glass protector will provide impact protection. The whole idea of tempered glass is to absorb the impact and to shatter (if it's too strong) without cracking your $200-$300 display. Also, the quality tempered glass protectors have a thin layer of film which keeps the broken piece of glass together so they don't spread around.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones