Glass Screen Protectors - Opinions?Tips

Last Updated:

1. crasher433

crasher433 New Member

What do you guys think of glass screen protectors? I came across this glass protector today and I was thinking about picking one up for my phone. I know Xgear also has one for the Nexus 4.

Anyone care to share their experiences? Is glass worth it?

2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I've never been worried about scratching my screen as much as it shattering if dropped.

This wouldn't be for me
  3. charliecc

charliecc Well-Known Member

I only have a back film as I always thought the gorilla glass was hard to scratch. About week ago I discovered a deep 1 cm scratch about a 1/4 of the way down my screen bang in the middle. No idea how it got there, I've never dropped the phone and I never put anything in with it in my pockets.

Anyway, just a warning, the GG isn't as scratch proof as you might think.
  4. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I've only ever had a screen scratched on one phone, the GNex and I've had a few.

So for me, the way I take care of it (nothing special just pocketed on its own, keys and wallet other side) I don't want to use a screen protector. I do have an Inisible Shield on the back of the N4 though since mine smashed randomly overnight.
  5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Too noticeable for me, appearance wide. Plus I've come to enjoy the feel of the zagg screen protector myself.
  6. Montoya

Montoya Active Member

Jean rivets, perhaps. I've scratched everything from phones to pistols with those damned things.

To answer the question, I only think screen protectors are worthwhile for shatter protection (in general). Anything hard enough to scratch GG is going to cut right through most screen protectors. Given that this is tempered glass, however, I might consider one.
  7. runtmms

runtmms Well-Known Member

If anyone gives the glass screen protector a try, I'd really appreciate a review.

Does anyone know how tempered glass compares to gorilla glass?
  8. iamartimus

iamartimus Active Member

I'm a new GN2 owner, and just made the leap from iPhone 5 (owned the iPhone since the iPhone 3G) and had a Spigen glass screen protector. This was the ultimate of the ultimate screen protectors. Not a scratch on the screen (or the entire phone as a matter of fact) and the Spigen is awesome! I hope they make something for like this for the GN2.
  9. mden

mden Member

cant recomend at all, mine had scratches just from being in my pocket after a few days, very suprised to see so soon, also, dust found its way under it around the front facing camera.

i try to be careful with my phone, nothing else in pocket.

I dropped my phone to the pavement probally from 5ft while getting out of my truck, phone landed on the top corner, right where my incipo slim case did not cover, plastic edge of phone got a small scuff and the glass screen protector shattered.

i was relieved when i peeled away the screen protector and my screen was fine.

needless to say, no more glass screen protectors or slim type cases. :mad:
  10. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

i used screen protector on Gnex! it was pretty good screen protector! But with N4 i decided to go naked,,, it's too damn sexy,especially that carved glass!