Glutton For Punishment...rooted again, lol!

Last Updated:

1. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So after I bricked my phone, Sprint exchanged it for a new one since it was still under manufacturer's warranty. I said I wouldn't mess with rooting it again, but I couldn't help it. The smooth performance and ability to get rid of stock apps was great. So here I am again, waiting for it to load after I just installed a custom ROM from the kitchen. :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

welcome back to the dark side HAHA

3. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

You realize that we'll pick on you relentlessly if you brick it again? :p

4. K-Rizzle

lol, I'm not messing with ANYTHING within the zip file again. So far so good, *knock on wood*

You guys started it! :p

Besides, I may upgrade to the EVO when I'm due for an upgrade from sprint. And I won't be rooting that, lol.

5. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Yea you will, its like forbidden fruit, now that you've had it you cant ignore it :D.

6. my1zamboni

my1zamboni Well-Known Member

K rizzle.....you said you wouldn't be rooting this new moment. It took you what? One day? Once you cross the line and have all this power over your phone you will root forever. It's a sickness, it's our secret little bad habit

7. K-Rizzle

lol, ok I'll just SAY that I won't root any future phones, LMAO! Even if I don't mean it.

8. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Haha yea that reminds me of me when i got my moment. I had already researched and figured out what i needed to do to root it before i ever got it, and told myself i wouldn't do it. Yea, it was rooted in a matter of hours after i got my hands on it.

9. indychic

indychic Well-Known Member

I keep saying .. I will not root my next phone. YEAH RIGHT! I will be back here figuring out what it takes. :rolleyes:

The hubby has a Hero and now wants his rooted.. I need to do some research on that.

10. rrsweet

rrsweet Member

K-Rizz

Go ahead and mess with anything you want. I can tell you right now that the reason your phone bricked is an easy thing to avoid again. It was just file size! you just messed with the one main thing that has limitations and serious consequences. As long as your .png is under 100K ( largest I have ever been willing to test is 87K) you are clear to do what you want.

11. K-Rizzle

^ lol, I know that now. I got too confident! I am too scared to mess with the boot logo again, but have been happy with root since I re-rooted. :)