GM 1.1 question

1. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Well-Known Member

i think im gonna flash the GM 1.1 kernel and see how it works....is there an optimal setting that it should be set to? or could i just flash it and let it run like that?

Advertisement
  2. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Well-Known Member

You would need something like SetCPU or overclock widget to change it from default settings. I would try it for a couple days as is then look into SetCPU(preferred) or overclock widget to see how it is with those and the settings you can get from them. There is alot of info in the Kernels for Dummies thread stickied at the top of the forum.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  3. iMethod

iMethod Well-Known Member

Now optimal for me and you can mean 2 different things i think optimal as speed/performance while you can think optimal as battery life and phone capability.

Here are my 2 cents in what i think is optimal.

you would want to use the v6 super charger script for sure with the v8 beta scripts unless they introduced the v8 super charger already i haven't been keeping track sorry. This will help keep your phone up to optimal use.

My SetCPU settings are

Gaming/Benchmark - 1228 Max / 1228 Min ( Performance )
    Screen Off - 128 Max / 128 Min ( Conservative )
    Temp>45.2C (113.0F) - 652 Max / 128 Min ( On Demand ) *Too lower the heat.
    Work - 998 Max / 128 Min ( On Demand )

**Sampling Rate - 10000
    **Up Threshold - 90
    **Ignore Nice Load - 0
    **Powersave Bias - 0

**May vary
    ***As my settings are right for me they might not be right for you

While i am using Calkulins EViO 3 / GM 1.1 there are definitely different roms/kernels with so much more speed/performance capability but i wanted to use gingerbread and sense so i went with a slower rom/kernel the most speed i every got was from Calkulins EViO 2 1.8 rom with netarchy-toastmod-4.3.1-bfs-havs-nosbc-universal-signed
    ocnbrze likes this.