Gmail access w/o Data Plan (T-mobile)

Last Updated:

1. Leonhard_E

Leonhard_E New Member This Topic's Starter

I've got no data plan from t-mobile and despite this have been able to access gmail via the gmail app through 3G.

Yesterday I was forced to preform a hard reset (volume down+call+end call). After the reset I connected to my Wifi and logged into the Google Network as I did when I initially got my phone.

I've found that I can access everything as before including Weather Channel App, My T-Mobile, as well as Sync Calender via 3G, but whenever I try to Sync or Refresh Gmail or Contacts it fails to connect. (I get "! No Connection").

Has anyone else w/o a Data Plan experienced this?

I've already tried...
    -Manage Application - Gmail / Google Mail - Clear Data
    -Hard Reset and using an alternate Gmail Account

It was a great perk to have access to my Gmail w/o having to connect to WiFi. Any help is extremely appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. Leonhard_E

Leonhard_E New Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone w/o a data plan on T-mobile test out gmail sync and let me know if it works over 3G?

3. brightsn

brightsn Active Member

I tried it, and after loading for about a minute, it said "! no connection". I don't know how you were able to use gmail over 3G without a data plan, but I can't and couldn't when I first set up my phone a few months ago.

4. psz

psz Well-Known Member

I only have the old-fashioned T-Mobile Internet plan (Not the Android Data plan) and I can sync with GMail fine.