Gmail account issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. rwashousky

rwashousky New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the Eris tonight. The salesperson set up a a gmail account for me so I could connect to android store. Nice as he was he did this but did not tell me the password he used. turned off the phone complete to charge it an know it is asking for password and I don't know it. Won't let me attempt to get it for 24 hours I guess, if that will work since he never entered secondary e-mail address for me either. Is there anyway to have the phone be associated with a different gmail address than it was set up with, as I created another one or what can I do? Brand new phone that I cannot use.

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

had the same issue

go to setting>applications>manage applications

go to anything marked "google" in the name and clear data on the screen that pops up when selected

next time you enter your gmail app it will ask you for you login, enter your known login and pass and you should be good to go.

3. rwashousky

rwashousky New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for your reply. I am a bit leery of clearing things as it says it will be deleted permanently. Not to bother you, but do you know specifically which Google Apps I should do this for specifically so I can enter my new username and password and get my phone going?

ROBYN

4. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

try just gmail first, but if it is a brand new phone, it wont hurt anything, i did the exact thing with my phone and it is fine