• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail "accounts" inbox with Better Cut?

Can anyone help make a shortcut that brings me to this page of GMAIL accounts??? .... I hate having to go into GMAIL ---> menu --> accounts
so annoying

gmail.jpg

I can't help you get there with Better Cut, but you can see 'em all thru one eyeball check: have you considered using gmail itself? You first decide which box would be your master box, so to speak. Then have that gmail box pull each of the others (don't know if there's a limit).

Among your options: configure gmail to apply a label to each; have one or more land in the master box's inbox, or wherever. You can arrange it so you automatically always answer with the addy to which the email was sent (this can be changed on an email-by-email basis, so you're not locked in).

In short, no 3rd party apps are required to realize your stated goal. Ya just have to know how to harness the inherent power of gmail. You could then delete the secondary accounts off of the Droid, since the one chosen as master will have all your mail.

It's worth repeating-- you can set it up so the secondary emails remain discrete, by applying a label to each via a filter. Your options include allowing the secondary mail to initially land in the master's inbox. After reading, a tap of the Droid's Archive button would then dump the email into its associated directory/label. In effect, you maintain multiple addys without the hassle you're currently confronting.

Googling > gmail multiple email addresses < yields assorted how-to instructions.

Upvote 0
i just tried that and it is not what I am looking for ... cause when you reply it sends it from your master account ..... i just want to see my account box the way the iphone shows up .... personally i would prefer the blackberry mail setup with drop down email selection .... this is where DROID has disappointed me :( ... it deters me from emails and FaceBook ... I don't know if this is the handset for me

Upvote 0
GMail drop down selection IS available to you. It is totally dependent on the way YOU set up gmail.

I lived with a Blackberry for a few years, which is precisely why I was so happy to discover these particular gmail features. I have 5 accounts, all pulled by my master gmail account. Messages addressed to, say abc@gmail or xyz@gmx arrive in that master box, and when I respond- whether desktop or Droid or iPhone-- my address on that responsive email appears as abc@gmail or xyz@gmx, etc... unless I choose to change it on the spot.

Just trying to help. In any event, good luck to you and season's greetings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones