1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Gmail and Attachments

1. Gundato

Gundato New Member

Bet you guys love these threads.

I am planning to finally get a big boy phone and, after fiddling with my tablet, I like the Android OS. And honestly, I only expect to use my smartphone for: checking my mail, gtalk when I am not near a real computer, maps (which is now not a problem because of offline google maps), my calendar, and occasionally looking something up.

I plan to get a pretty barebones plan (no need for more), and from a quick search, most of my questions were answered. I really just have one stupid one to go:

GMail: I route pretty much all of my MANY emails through gmail. I also get a lot of attachments that I really don't care about unless I am at my desk. The GMail app doesn't download attachments (of any form) unless I explicitly tell it to, right? Even pictures (because real gmail does that, and I am too lazy to pull out my transformer right now)?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Lentil

Lentil New Member

Pretty sure it doesn't download them unless you click and tell it to. Do you mean you thought it downloaded attachments as soon as you receive the mail? Because i've not noticed that happening