GMail and GVoice push is slow/delayed! | Can't be on 3G data while on the phone? :(

Last Updated:

1. Hrshycro

Hrshycro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey,

I know how to use google and search, but I still like personal feedback incase I missed something.

Rooted with Unrevoked. Overclock Widget battery life tweak and the google talk/flickr/other battery tweaks. I'm going on 16 hours today with normal usage and the tweaks - thank god!

Anyhow, yesterday and prior to that gmail and gvoice push was instant, but today and last night it's been slow and often never even comes unless I go to the app and update it manually. I do have ATK installed, but turned the auto kill to off and only use it when the bloat-sprint apps get running. So don't flame about that...please.

Also, I changed the notification sound on each account and now I hear the set sound (quagmire app) and the android default after - when a push actually comes through.

I can't find any settings that I unchecked that would make it not update as fast or at all (been back though all of them), but perhaps something else is screwy - I do have gmail and gvoice tabs open on 1 to 2 computers all day, if that would do it.

And I guess I can't use data (unless it's wifi or 4G) while I'm in a phone call? Which really sucks because I like to do data related stuff while I'm talking to family and people who just blaber on and on. Miss that about my iPhone...but other than that, I'm sold on android - 9 people I know got the evo already. ;)

Advertisement
  2. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

I've had issues with gmail push as well but all I can think of is unrevoked. Might have to uninstall it and see if that's the culprit.

3. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

Nope, no data/voice at the same time on CDMA networks. Only wifi/4g.