Gmail and Hotmail/Pop3-Workmail through Mail Fetcher

Last Updated:

1. eclsnowman

eclsnowman Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I need a little advice. I was frustrated with our droids ability to use multiple pop3 email accounts at once. Sometime my emails would arrive hours after they were sent, which in business is unacceptable. Multiple pop3 accounts and gmail through activesync worked so smooth on my windows mobile Omnia i910.

I am now trying to use mail fetcher integrated in gmail. I like it ok, and it's polling interval is getting shorter all the time (since google automatically calculates how often it should do it). I setup the pop3 accounts to get Labeled as the email account they come in on and auto Archive. I Archive the mail because I do not like a common inbox. Call me old school or whatever but I like to keep my buisness and pleasure separated. Here is my question:

My real question is now on my phone how can I automatically tell when a new email arrives from one of those other accounts (since it auto archives under it's label and hence doesn't show up in my inbox).

If I can get this working my phone will be everything I always wanted. I appreciate any help you guys can provide.

Advertisement
  2. eclsnowman

Can anybody help?

3. eclsnowman

The lack of responses is disheartening. Is it because no one else has this problem? Because I am a Noob?

Well maybe I'm not "the norm"
    I'm not "camera friendly"
    I don't "wear clothes that fit me"
    I'm not a "heartbreaker"
    I haven't had "sex with a woman"
    I don't know "how that works"
    I don't "fall in line"
    I'm not "hygienic"
    I don't "wipe properly"
    I lack "style"
    I don't have "self-esteem"
    I have no "charisma"
    I don't "own a toothbrush"
    I don't "let my scabs heal"
    I can't "reach all the parts of my body"
    when I sleep I sweat profusely.

I guess the Droid-Gods that be will keep avoiding this thread so Jack and Jane K. forum reader can get back to posters who don't "frighten children"
    who don't "eat their own dandruff"
    who don't "pop their whiteheads with a compass they used in high school".

;)

4. eclsnowman

OK, k-9 mail will have to work as my solution. Atleast it is capable of polling pop3 mail on set intervals. No offense Android fans, but Winmo and Blackberry do email better. I don't want to start a flame war, and android does gmail fine, but holy crap... how hard should it be to get reliable and timely emails on a phone.

BTW thanks for all the help guys. I am talking to all 109 viewers who never posted. Kinda sad. :(

5. EdDroid

EdDroid Member

I'm veiwing.....I have no answer. For your phone issue.

But reading between the lines, I do have another answer that might help......medication.

LMAO