• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail and txt sending delays.

nathanotis

Android Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2009
Denver, CO
Hey all,

I think I'm experiencing my first real problem with my Hero. I've noticed that my wife (and who knows who else) hasn't been getting my txts when I send them... Sometimes it takes a full day for her to get them. Email has been delayed the past couple days, too. Items will sit in the outbox for hours and when I pull them up, there's red text saying it's sending..."

This happens whether I'm connected to WiFi or just using the mobile radio. 2 bars or 5 bars, it doesn't seem to matter.

Any ideas?

Ok, I'm writing the text issue off on a one time glitch.

I'm pretty sure this ISN'T how gmail supposed to work. I get an email, and when I send a reply, there's some red text at the bottom that says "sending...". I know it does send almost instantly because I've tested it with several messages. The problem is, not only does it never clears the outbox, it stays in the inbox showing that "sending..." message.

It's not like I can uninstall the account, either. What's going on? Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones