GMail App - attachment limit?

Last Updated:

1. Guitaraholic

Guitaraholic New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

First post but been visiting the site for a while.

Found an odd issue in regards to the default gmail app. When attempting to attach a file to an email it constantly gives me an error saying the attached file is too large???

I thought that GMails attachment limit was now at 25meg? the files im trying to attach are around the 3meg mark.

Strangely if I setup my GMail account via pop in the MAIL app I can attach the file without issues.

A bug on my phone or is anyone else having the odd issue? Google overlooked something? Is it fixed in froyo?

Advertisement
  2. EVOlutionary

EVOlutionary New Member

I have an EVO with Froyo and I have the same issue. Very annoying. I actually tried setting up gmail in the mail app today, but it didn't work either. I was having some issues not being able to upload to Youtube, so it may just not have been working earlier today for some reason. The gmail never allows me to upload video though (I always upload on wifi). I do shoot in 720p always, so the files are anywhere from a few megs up to around 18mb, but shouldn't matter as you noted gmail's limit is a good bit higher (I thought more like 45mb). Wish they would fix this, or that I knew a fix if there is one.