Gmail App Copy/PasteGeneral

Last Updated:

1. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it possible to Copy/Paste within the Gmail App? I could not figure out how to do so on my previous BBs but figured that the Android OS would be better integrated. Am I missing something? I hate having to memorize address for inputting into GMaps.

Ever since my first cell phone, my ability to memorize more than 3 consecutive numbers has virtually dissappeared.

Advertisement
  2. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

Yeah you can't do it in the gmail app. I also have the HTC Mail app associated with my Gmail account but I have it set to never sync unless I open the HTC Mail app. You can copy paste from there. I know it's lame but it's the GMail app limitation not the phone...

3. jakeh0

jakeh0 Well-Known Member

i went back to the htc native app because of the lack of copy/paste

4. AG11

AG11 Member

Will Gmail ever update this? Why would they ever leave this feature out????

5. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

I have no idea but I would assume eventually they will. It's kind of ret@rded that this operating system is a google product and the gmail app is also a google product and the email being used is a google product but you can't do something that seems to be native to the phone in almost every situation that involves text. Come to think of it I don't think you can copy paste in the text messaging application either. That's stupid also.

6. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

I so want to use the HTC app for gmail, however I want PUSH and I am already using the (1) Exchange Account for work. I am too anal and want GMAIL as fast as I can. Tried the other ways (IMAP / POP) and that doesnt cut it. Wish I could have (2) exchange accounts :(

7. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I suppose I'm at least glad to find out that I'm not just missing something. I guess I well just have to be patient for an update. Even though their app has been around for a couple years with very little change.

8. Mischka7

Mischka7 Well-Known Member

This completely boggles my mind. It's such a basic thing. I just wish Google would explain their rationale for leaving it out.

9. radworm

radworm Well-Known Member

I posted the same thing about 2 weeks ago. I downloaded an app called Clipper, but this only allows you to copy and paste stuff from browsers. The other thing lacking with the gmail app is the ability to attach word/excel/power point files. Try it (you can only attach photos). I had to download an app called OI file manager which now comes up as an option when you try to attach something in gmail. It works like Astro and allows you to attach to file you want to e-mail.

10. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

I can send documents through Gmail. I just have to open the document and send it. I'm using Docs to Go Full.

11. esmail

esmail Well-Known Member

No, it's not. I just discovered this lacking feature yesterday. Mind boggling omission. I wish they would fix it.

12. radworm

Yeah you can do it from the doc files (I have docs to go also), but you can't do it directly from gmail which is a major oversight. The OI file manager allows you to do it directly from gmail without having to go back into the document.

13. radworm

Another rant is that you can't send mail to group contacts directly with gmail, even though I created the group contacts with gmail on my desktop computer. There is backdoor way to do it (use people contacts, find the group, and pick gmail as the e-mail app to use). They need to fix this basic stuff. Does anyone know who to contact?

14. esmail

esmail Well-Known Member

Ok, one more thing about the stock gmail application, why can't I zoom in to the mail message text like I can on a regular web page? My eye sight isn't the best, and the font is rather tiny.

Being able to do this would also provide some consistency across applications, a definite plus.