gmail app crashing like crazySupport

Last Updated:

1. axel_2078

axel_2078 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've seen a LOT of apps crashing since I got this phone. In the 2 years I had my blackberry, I never saw a program crash. It seems to be common place with android. A few of my apps crash at random, but lately, my gmail app is crashing consistently, even when I'm not using it. This is unacceptable; it's a google phone for crying out loud! It just crashed about 15 times in a row just 5 minutes ago....no joke. Crash...force close...crash...force close....crash....force close....crash.....force close. Then it says "Err1" on top of the gmail app icon. Very annoying. Is this happening to anyone else?

Advertisement
  2. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

Not here. Best thing to do, is perform a hard reset and start over. Run the phone stock with the gmail app and see if it's still crashing on you. If it isn't then it's probably caused by another app you installed. If it still crashes even when running stock then I would return the phone.

3. axel_2078

No one else is having problems with the gmail app crashing?

4. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

no sir.

5. cryptiq

cryptiq Well-Known Member

No problems here. If you're using any task manager apps, maybe try removing them and reboot phone.

6. wjdunn3

wjdunn3 Member

I use the GMail exclusively and have never had a crash...nor in any other app. So, I would concur with the Task Killer suggestion. If you are running one, then it is killing a shared component that gmail and other apps are trying to use.

You don't need a task killer app on A2.1... contrary to popular belief.

7. axel_2078

I'm not running any task killer program. I'm not sure what's causing it.

8. bydh

bydh Member

I've been experiencing similar behavior with my gmail app. Haven't been able to figure out what's causing it. I keep switching between the HTC mail app and the gmail app because of it. Kind of a pain.

Did you ever manage to fix it?

9. IcedTC

IcedTC Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat, I literally can't even use the gmail app. It force closes everytime.

I just put my gmail detials into the htc mail app and it works like a charm. I use the HTC app for 4 email accounts so it's really not a big deal...but whenever I go to open gmail...Force Close!

I've rebooted, hard reset, taken out the battery etc. Perhaps a factory reset would work...but I don't feel like going through the hassle when I can still access gmail perfectly through the HTC app.

Still very odd though...if anyone comes up w/a fix please let me know!

10. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

i've never had gmail crash and i RARELY, and I mean RARELY have any other apps force close

11. Doc_Stew

Doc_Stew Well-Known Member

I get force closes all the time with the gmail app. This phone is losing its luster day by day...

12. IcedTC

IcedTC Well-Known Member

Other than Gmail I have rarely had any apps force close.

I love the Incredible and think it's a very well made phone in just about every aspect. It's an amazing phone with tons of possibilites to make life easier...especially for work, etc.

13. ccw1134

ccw1134 Member

I get the crashes using the stock Gmail app as well. I am using Gmail Unread Count and Advanced Task Killer if you want to throw that into the mix. I rarely if ever get Force Closes on any other app, just this one. It's VERY frustrating at times.

14. wompy

wompy Member

My phone has had no problems with the stock gmail app but my wife has had daily FC since we got it. We both have multiple gmail accounts due to google apps and regular gmail. I finally did a factory rest and set her phone back up and its been fine.