1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Gmail app deleting emails from web

Last Updated:

1. Mer2112

Mer2112 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Previously when I would receive emails (Gmail app) on my Eris and view/delete them they would still be there when I logged in on my PC to view and then finally delete them from the Gmail page.

This morning I went through all the emails on my Eris and deleted them but when I logged in to my PC they were all in the trash.

What changed?

Thanks for any help,

Eric

Advertisement
  2. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

It sounds like you weren't properly syncing previously. There may be an option to treat emails read from a mobile device as un-read so they can be handled via the website from a computer, but I am not aware of this setting.

3. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Ditto to the above post. AFAIK, using the Gmail app will sync the phone with the web, just like your calendar and contacts are in sync as well. If the behavior you experienced before is what you liked, you may want to switch to the email app where I believe you can delete the emails separately (but it's been a while since I've used it, so I could be wrong).

4. Maris

Maris Well-Known Member

If I delete gmails on my phone it always deletes it from gmail, nearly instantly, and vice versa.

5. Mer2112

Mer2112 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What's weird is that mine used to do that too. When I deleted it on my phone Gmail it would instantly be gone from the web Gmail. About a month or two ago it stopped deleting from the web app and I just thought it was a change they made. The only thing I can think that I did was flash xtrSENSE around that time. I checked in the developers thread and there were no other posts about this problem so I didn't think that was the problem.

Odd......