• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail App Has Been Updated! (Not Froyo Related)

Upvote 0
So the big question is does this version let you download attachments (since prior versions have inexplicably left this functionality out) without having to have a 3rd party app installed?

*crosses fingers*

I loaded this up this morning and was able to download an attachment directly from the Gmail app and I was also able to copy paste. Although I'm not impressed with the Copy Paste integration in this build. You have to hit the menu button, more settings, then select text and you then just touch and drag on the email where you want to copy. It's not very accurate and isn't the same as the copy paste feature in other places throughout the phone. Ehh, you think Google which makes the android platform would have a properly functioning Gmail application especially since you basically have to have a gmail account to use this phone. Whatever...

Upvote 0
I loaded this up this morning and was able to download an attachment directly from the Gmail app and I was also able to copy paste. Although I'm not impressed with the Copy Paste integration in this build. You have to hit the menu button, more settings, then select text and you then just touch and drag on the email where you want to copy. It's not very accurate and isn't the same as the copy paste feature in other places throughout the phone. Ehh, you think Google which makes the android platform would have a properly functioning Gmail application especially since you basically have to have a gmail account to use this phone. Whatever...

Copy-Paste is huge for me, it's why I have to use the HTC mail app.

Upvote 0
Copy-Paste is huge for me, it's why I have to use the HTC mail app.

Do you use HTC Mail for Gmail? If so, how do you prevent it from doubling your contacts? I used HTC Mail when I first got my Incredible, but got annoyed by the double contacts and notifications error (would keep playing notification sound over, and over, and over).

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones