GMAIL App help please!Support

Last Updated:

1. Robhimself

Robhimself Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yesterday people were asking me if I was getting their emails and I wasn't. My work account is in the HTC app and that is fine shockingly. I am having issues with my gmail.com account. I have to go into the app and hit refresh in order for mail to show up in my inbox. I wiped my phone yesterday and it started working correctly but stopped shortly after. Same thing again this morning. The only odd thing that happened yesterday was that I had to verify my password on my PC earlier in the day through the gmail website. I would appreciate any help because this is really annoying.

Advertisement
  2. Stole 71

Stole 71 Active Member

I am not getting my gmail either - yesterday or today. Very irritating!

3. Robhimself

Are you getting it when you go in and hit refresh?

4. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

i heard some people were having issues with gmail yesterday. most of them we X owners though...

Robhimself likes this.
  5. Robhimself

I hope it goes away I am getting a little annoyed and I thought it was something i did.

6. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

gmail is having issues i think as a few people with BB also seem to have issues

Robhimself likes this.
  7. Stole 71

Stole 71 Active Member

Yes, I get the mail when i open the app and hit refresh. Anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it?

8. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member

i think there were just problems yesterday. I have the gmail unread widget and it was indicating that i had an unread email, i went into gmail and nothing was there, it took literally like 5 minutes for this email to appear in my inbox and give me a notification. is your gmail account set to automatically sync?

9. Robhimself

Yeah its just the default configuration, I normally get an email and the indicator just shows up. It has been like that since yesterday afternoon and works fine for a few minutes when I wiped my phone a few times but then I got nothing until i hit refresh.

10. Geese1

Geese1 Well-Known Member

I thought it was just me having the problem - I'm almost glad to hear others are having the same issue.

Started for me Tuesday afternoon/evening. I received emails that I never saw until the following morning when I opened up my mail account at work (account is a gmail domain for work). I ended up resetting the phone and that worked for a few hours then quit again.

I actually called Verizon and ended up having them send me out a replacement phone which I received today but that's having the same issue.

Hopefully this sorts itself out as I use this for work purposes and really need to get my mail in a timely manner. Does anyone know if Google is having problems with their servers?

11. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member

my gmail seems to be working fine today, i have received two emails all day, did not have to go in and hit refresh or go into accounts and sync in settings. Is your gmail app up to date? If you still have the version that came on your phone go to the market and get the newer version, maybe that will help.

12. Geese1

Geese1 Well-Known Member

13. Robhimself

I have been up and running since about 6pm yesterday. Sure wish I knew this sooner :)