1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

GMail App not displaying my Contact photos

Last Updated:

1. MrWireless

MrWireless Member This Topic's Starter

So I have several of my own pictures that I have assigned to my GMail Contacts (I assigned them on the web, and they synced to my Droid X automatically). Recently, I noticed when I get emails to my GMail account from these contacts on my Droid X (using the default Droid X GMail app) their contact picture is not displaying in the email. Some of these people (but not all) even have their own Google account that they have assigned their own picture to, and even that isn't displaying. All that displays next to their Name/Email address is the default, gray Android robot - NOT their Contact picture.

Unrelated, I've also noticed that on some of my emails in the GMail app, instead of showing "John Smith" as the sender, it displays their email address (JohnSmith99@aol.com). And I have this email address listed in their Contact information on my Droid X - why does it not display their name as I have it in my Droid X Contact list? I can understand if the email address is not anywhere in my Contacts, but it is. It makes little sense and is extremely frustrating.

Please help on any of these! Thanks

Advertisement
  2. MrWireless

MrWireless Member This Topic's Starter

Bump

3. AaronS

AaronS New Member

Bump

4. ebonie3000

ebonie3000 Member

I lost the feature as well. Photos are not showing for Gmail contacts anymore (in GMAIL app). Not sure how to get them back.

5. veryjiggy

veryjiggy Active Member

Not showing for me as well. You have to open the email a number of times to make it show the contact display pics. Enormously irritating!

6. AJAX XIII

AJAX XIII New Member

Any update on this? I'm having the same problem.