Gmail app not pushing?

Last Updated:

1. ajmuni

ajmuni Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, just got my first android device today (the droid) and I wanted to ask you guys, does the gmail app receive emailes via push? I've sent a coupl of emails to my device, and they wont pop up in the gmail app unless i refresh it...any1 else experiencing this issue?

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hi Ajmuni and Welcome to the Forums! :D

1) Yes the Gmail is push email

2) One bug I come across on my HTC Magic :

Send an email from your phone to another email to see the exact address : Take note of how the last part of the Address is {i.e Whether it be @gmail or @googlemail}

I noticed that if i sent an email to myself as @gmail it would not be received on my phone {though it is definitely in the Inbox} , However if i sent an email to myself @googlemail it would be delivered seconds after {True push}.

So try sending yourself an email with a different ending @gmail or @googlemail and see if one gets push notified or does not {Don't forget the .COM OR .CO.UK at the end of the address}

3) Make sure you got the settings set properly:

It should be along the lines of : Settings -> Data Synchronization -> Make sure all the Boxes are ticked including Gmail/Googlemail.

Carl

3. iceyspoons

iceyspoons Member

i actually just started having the same problem...new email wasn't pushing to my inbox until i manually refreshed it. shut the phone down and did a battery pull, now everything seems to be fine. i'll keep you posted if the problem recurs.

4. gthrift

gthrift Guest

I've been having the same problem today. Emails coming in much longer after I get them in Thunderbird.

5. munkis

munkis Member

gmail seems to push when ever it feels like, add it to the list of problems with the droid so far. I did some googling and it seems like a wide spread problem. Hope they fix it soon.

I am having the same problem, I made a thread about it here a couple days ago.

6. BigBoochdaddy

BigBoochdaddy Member

Same thing here. Gmail emails are showing up 5-10 minutes after I recieve them on the pc.