1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Gmail App not syncing correctly

Last Updated:

1. kingdave

kingdave Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The Gmail app on my Samsung Galaxy Portal/Lite/Spica (i5700) doesn't seem to be syncing mail correctly when previously it was.

I have updated via Odin to Eclair, however the problem was there in 1.5 and I was hoping 2.1 fixed it. Curiously, the issue wasn't there when I first got the phone and it is a relatively recent issue.

When I read a mail in the Gmail app it should mark as read, however when I log on to Gmail from a PC it still shows as unread. But the phone will still mark it as unread.

How do I make the Gmail app show all mail read through it as read when I log on via a PC?

Hope thats not too confusing!!

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. kingdave

No one else have this issue?

3. kingdave

Am I really the only person that has this issue or that thinks its a problem, or if it was designed that way, think its a stupid design???

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

It was not designed this way. I do not have this.

5. kingdave

It wasn't designed to keep the message as Unread when you logon to Gmail via a web browser?

So why does my Gmail app not mark messages as read? No amount of refreshing or re-syncing seems to fix the problem

6. dgwood12

dgwood12 Well-Known Member

My phone was doing this earlier today. I found a solution to get your gmail app marking mail as read on the server again. Go into settings-applications-gmail and clear the data on the app then open gmail again and it will re-sync your mail. This will fix the problem or at least it did for me. This also solves issues of the app not sending messages.

7. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Clear data and cache then reboot the phone;) Everything should sync properly then