GMail app - offline access

1. Critter

Critter New Member

Hi all,

I've configured both the HTC Mail app and the GMail app to access my Gmail account. I'd like to use the GMail app, but it looks like I can't read any mails without an email connection - it just reports "No Connection" and offers a "Retry" button.

I have the relevant labels set to "sync all", and otherwise have no problems or errors.

If anyone could tell me whether this is normal behavior or not I would appreciate it.

Advertisement
    :
  2. SlowMoe

SlowMoe Active Member

Hi and welcome aboard.

Could this have something to do with the way you're connecting to Gmail. I mean, I have major problems connecting to the internet through my wireless router at home - so I'm stuck with HSPA connection - which works fine. But sofar that's the only solution for me to get my mail through the Gmail application, hence my problems with the WI-FI.
  3. Critter

Critter New Member

Hi SlowMoe and thanks for your response.

I haven't had any issues actually connecting via wifi or EDGE - both work at expected speeds for mail, web browsing, etc and I've had no problems.

However, today - without making any settings changes at all - I can read my GMail offline without any error messages. The phone is just a few days old so perhaps it needed time to sort itself out? I'm not sure but thanks for your comments anyway.