Gmail App opening first messageSupport

Last Updated:

1. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am running Froyo on an unrooted DInc. When I click on the Gmail App from the Homescreen, it opens up the latest message in my Inbox, whether it is new or not. I just want it to open up to the list of messages. Anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement
  2. jaymf

jaymf Well-Known Member

I think it might be how you leave the gmail app, I usually hit ""Go to inbox" before I do anything to get out of the app and it seems to always come back to the conversation list when I go back into it. I don't know if it makes a difference just loading into the app, but do you have the "Auto-advance" setting set to show the conversation list?

3. JohnnyT

JohnnyT Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, the way it usually goes is that I go into the app by touching the Gmail icon on my Homescreen. That takes me to the app and of course opens the first message and that is the first thing I see. I would hit the back arrow to go back to the conversation list, and back again to exit the app. So, the last thing I see before leaving the app is the conversation list. If I then go back in, it will do the same thing and open the first message.

As for the "Auto-advance" setting, I have it set to "Conversation list".

And I cannot hit "Go to inbox" before getting out of the app because it opens the first message, I then hit Menu, select Go to inbox, and if I select the back arrow it just takes me back to the message. I suppose I could just hit the Home key, but I just don't believe that is the way it is supposed to work.

4. jaymf

jaymf Well-Known Member

I guess I didn't completely write out what I was thinking - I just realized I always do "Go to Inbox" then hit the home key. Like you, I noticed that if I did back repeatedly to get out of it, I'd come back into gmail into a conversation, sometimes even ones I already read even with a new response in the same conversation. I don't know if there's something else to do to stop that from happening.