Gmail app question

Last Updated:

1. jem417

jem417 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using the email app that came installed on my AT&T Captivate to check my gmail and Exchange email but I also setup the gmail app in order to sync with my gmail contacts and calendar. I now get my gmail in both apps, is there a way to stop the gmail from retrieving my email without affecting sync with contacts and calendar?

Can I stop the gmail app from running all the time if so how? everytime i check task killer i have both email apps running.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. EricKit

EricKit Active Member

I would also like these to stop running without unisntalling them. Also same with ebay App. I have to kill them all the time.

3. novajustin

novajustin Member

so i understand this properly, you want to use the factory email application instead of using the gmail app?

4. novajustin

novajustin Member

nevermind after re-reading it i understand now. it sounds like you need to check your notification settings in whichever app you don't want to use. say you don't want to use the gmail app then you need to open gmail, go to settings, and uncheck notifications. i just tried manually checking email from both apps on my phone and checked my open tasks and each app will run seperately..

5. ranjo

ranjo Member

If you set up your gmail account in the built in email app it should sync all your info without a need to use the gmail app at all. In other words, you should set it up in one app or the other but not both.