• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail App Send as Another Account

Stuntman

Android Expert
Nov 18, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
I just realised today that when I send emails from my Gmail app, it is using my Gmail account in my from field. My primary email account is with Shaw and I've configured Gmail to send emails with my Shaw account in the from field when I first go an Android phone. It seems that one of the recent updates caused the Gmail app to only send with the Gmail account in the from field.

I did some searching and it seems that I have to login to Gmail from a browser, change the name on my Shaw account to something else and then back to my original name. After doing this, the Gmail app now allows me to pick whether to have the Gmail account or Shaw account show up in my from field.

I'm not sure how long this has been happening. It could have been happening for months for all I know. At least it's fixed now.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones