1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

GMail APP vs. GMail in Browser...

Last Updated:

1. sh0ck3r

sh0ck3r Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else feel that GMail in the web browser is way better than the actual built in GMail app? Most notable, selecting multiple emails and a quick message preview...

ALSO, my phone is already down to 33MB of space left... That's only after about 10 apps... the BlackBerry STORM is coming with 1GB of internal memory... I feel cheated.

Advertisement
  2. sylo88

sylo88 Member

I really like the Gmail App on the phone. it connects quickly and updates quickly.

Andriod > Storm. Just get a bigger microSD card. 8gb? ;)

3. andonnguyen

andonnguyen Active Member

Shock3r is talking about internal memory, where the applications are stored and installed. Not removable memory. =]

4. sh0ck3r

@sylo88

first off, i do have an 8gb SD card. ;)

next, how do you feel about not being able to select multiple emails? i was thinking the app would be identical, if not better, than the web version of GMail.

also, i think i need to correct myself... i believe the storm is being shipped with 1gb flash memory (SD card) and 128 (or 192) MB of internal memory. still, after over a years work of email (lots of them) and multiple third party applications, i barely made is halfway through the 64MB of internal memory on my curve...

5. Shellfaye

Shellfaye New Member

For some reason I don't get a notification of a new email in the gmail app for like an hour. Anyone else have this problem?

6. sheefo2k

sheefo2k Member

not at all mine are instant. I compare them to my laptop all the time.
    I like the GMail app a lot.

Regarding memory and space and apps, where do the apps install too? I dont want to run into (not enough space for applicatoin bs)

7. sh0ck3r

they download to the phone's memory.

i got down to 3MB of free space from app downloads, received a "low space" warning, and said enough is enough. just returned my G1 and went back to my VERY RELIABLE blackberry curve. i'm happy i did.

good attempt google/htc, but you're far from where you need to be. see you in a year or two.