1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Gmail app. Vs. Mail app

Last Updated:

1. truestory.dl

truestory.dl Member This Topic's Starter

So the phone came with the htc mail app on the home screen and a gmail app installed on the phone. I don't want to use the htc app but rather the gmail app. Is there a way to. Turnoff the htc. And only use the gmail. App?

Advertisement
  2. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

just don't use it. If you have created an account in the htc app, delete it. Then use the gmail app.

To remove the icon from the home screen, long-press on the icon and drag it to the trash can that will appear at the bottom of the screen.

3. truestory.dl

truestory.dl Member This Topic's Starter

how do you delete it in the HTC app?

ive noticed the gmail app does not show a number count of unread emails in your inbox like the htc one does..is this correct? or am i doing something wrong. i would like a count to appear on the icon, not just in the status bar

4. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

If you never used the HTC app, then there's no reason to delete anything.

There are third party icons for gmail that show unread counts. Search the Market for "gmail."

5. methodtical15

methodtical15 Member

i prefer the stock mail app, with gmail app you cannot move certain mails to folders (labels) that I've created to keep my mailbox organized. With the stock mail app you can do that but with the gmail account you can't.

Also I hate having to select "show pictures" on the gmail app everytime I open up an email versus the stock mail app where it shows the email with pictures.

6. othgar

othgar Well-Known Member

Not sure if the GMAIL app is different on an HTC phone but on my Droid I can move my emails to different labels.