Gmail app won't send mailSupport

Last Updated:

1. boylec

boylec Member This Topic's Starter

Here's the deal - the Gmail app was working perfectly for me, but I wanted to use the HTC email client. I had my account set up on both, with 15 minute polling on the HTC client, and this worked fine. However, I wanted push email while using this client, so I set up Exchange activesync using m.google.com for my gmail account.

I noticed almost constant activity from the activsync, the phone got quite hot in a short time, and the battery drained at an amazing rate.

So I decided I didn't need ativesync, and I deleted the account. This is when the problem started. My gmail app now refuses to send out any email. When I try, it says "sending" in red, but it never does.

What are my options?

Advertisement
  2. mrneo

mrneo New Member

Hi,
    since two days I have the same problem. I have not an idea to solve it. I tried everything.

Didi you find a solution?

Thanks for your help

3. ShermCraig

ShermCraig Member

Same problem here - anyone able to respond???

4. dbg2410

dbg2410 Member

i went and cleared my cache and temp files under applications for the gmail app. did a power cycle and it worked afterwards

5. ShermCraig

ShermCraig Member

Thanks for the tip - I did that after reading it however it did not solve my issue. The emails are still showing up with Sending... right next to them. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks!!

6. nathanotis

nathanotis Well-Known Member

Before you knock yourself out, confirm that they aren't being sent. More importantly, that they aren't being received... I have a similar issue with my wife's work address (its a .edu). No matter what I do, gmail shows "sending". I don't think it ever changes... but she always receives them right after I send them.

7. bbv203

bbv203 Well-Known Member

Try clearing data and cache in google apps also. Ive had this problem twice now, both times once ive cleared data and cache in gmail and google apps it works again. Only downside is you have to re-login to your google account.

8. wonthanhguy

wonthanhguy Member

I'm having this problem right now and it's driving me insane. I've tried almost everything.

It seems as though what my phone does, doesn't push out to the gmail server. I can't delete or "mark as read" either.

9. JMac202

JMac202 Well-Known Member

Try hitting the menu button and then hit refresh. That's what I did and it worked for me. Most of you probably have your settings set to where it only checks mail every couple of hours or not at all. Which means it will send mail when it checks it. Once I set my email to come in as soon as I receive them it solved my issue.

10. EvoLover

EvoLover New Member

I had the same problem and fixed it by going to Settings --> Account and Sync --> "Auto-sync" must be checked.

11. gamers.wc

gamers.wc Member

go to outbox, if it say sending... just press menu button and refresh, now it should say sent