1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Gmail App

Last Updated:

1. drf23

drf23 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi - I am running Froyo 2.2 on a Moto Droid X from VZW...Love it.

Once concern, which is odd, considering this is a Google phone, is the GMAIL app.

A few glaring issues.

1. HTML support for SENDING email - well, it doesnt work, so there is no support.

2. Spell Check - nada

3. no support for GAL with a google apps gmail account.

4. If you search for something in gmail, you cant turn off highlighting like you can in the web mail after it finds the phrase you searched for.

5. Inability to send from an email that is being managed by your gmail account. For example i have my main gmail account as abc@gmail.com and I have it set to get email to a lablel from another gmail account. When I receive email from the other account, I can send from that account or my main gmail account. With the android app, this is not possible.

Advertisement
  2. HoochieCoo

HoochieCoo Well-Known Member

For me, email on Android is good enough, though not perfect. Overall I am pleased. But...

There isn't a single email app that does everything I need. K-9 is awesome, unless you need Exchange ActiveSync. The HTC Mail app is fine (and supports ActiveSync), but doesn't support push (or proper gmail support for that matter). For the most part, I am fine with the Gmail app, but it can't connect to Exchange at all.

So I have one app for Gmail, another for Exchange. Sure would be nice if there was just ONE awesome app.