Gmail bookmarks not syncing from Chrome to EvoSupport

Last Updated:

1. tha5150

tha5150 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

not too sure whats going on here. just got the Evo and ditched the iPhone. pretty happy so far, of course. i have a friend online who gives me pointers and we are stumped. i have my gmail account setup and working properly. but my Bookmarks are not syncing up. IE: there is a flikr shortcut there and i dont use Flikr. Cnn, Yahoo, Etc all show up and i dont use them.

i have google chrome, the newest version and chose to sync bookmarks. but why isnt it going onto the Evo?

Advertisement
  2. shad0w77

shad0w77 Member

chrome's sync bookmarks only does it between chrome browsers on different PCs... not smart phones. it's all manual on the evo buddy. at least for now. perhaps google/htc/sprint have something up their sleeves for their 2.2 release.

3. tha5150

so how do i sync up my EVO with the bookmarks and such that are on my pc? on the iphone i would use my google account and worked flawlessly. since i have only had this for a short time, i dont even have pictures or music on here yet..

what program do you suggest that is comparison to itunes for iphones?

4. shad0w77

shad0w77 Member

i haven't seen a way to sync from pc to evo. that's why i said it's all manual. you dont need an app on the droid for music. copy u're mps3s to u're sdcard somewhere and it will find them for u. If you want to sync, use windows media player. When u plug in u're evo, choose storage card and WMP can sync things up for ya.

5. shad0w77

shad0w77 Member

actually... a quick google search found this!

MyBookmarks - Android app on AppBrain

6. tha5150

thank you for this.. i am too new to this system to do any sort of intelligent searches..

7. tha5150

bumping this thread cause 2.2 is out and i rooted and still not able to sync Chrome to Evo..

anything i am missing?

8. Paladin

Paladin New Member

This will do exactly what you want to do.
    ChromeMarks - Android app on AppBrain
    [​IMG]

This allows you to sync your chrome bookmarks into this app that you can view and launch your bookmarks from. It does not put the bookmarks into the browser itself but that is not a big deal really. You can also share a bookmark/page in the Android browser and send it to ChromeMarks, which then syncs back up.

It works really well except I am having a problem with Chrome not syncing all my bookmarks which is not ChromeMarks fault.

I also have Xmarks that syncs my FF and Chrome so everything syncs up no matter where I create a bookmark. (Well except that google chrome issue)

I am having a few other issues that I am hoping will get resolved, it is probably just me :)

9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

google is working on incorporating this function into the chrome to phone app but it isn't out yet. in the meantime the above works well