Gmail Calendar Events - Gone

Last Updated:

1. jdloaner

jdloaner Member This Topic's Starter

So as I checked my "personal" calendar (Exchange Work Calendar is fine) last night, I noticed only about 1% of the events are showing. I have two different Calendars that are being synced, one is my Google account, the other is a shared with my GF. This has all been working fine since the day I bought my Droid in November. I have installed nothing recently, everything is running and acting as it should.

I have rebooted my phone several times, manually synced the Calendar, un-checked and re-checked the Sync Calendar option.

When I go into Google on the Web all my events show up in the Calendars just like normal.

Anyone seen/heard anything like this? What should I do OTHER than a reset?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jdloaner

Still nothing. I've literally tried everything I know and nothing seems to help... this is bad, my Calendars have an average of about three events per day.

Does what I explained above make sense?

-All Calendar events exist in gmail my calendars on the "web".
    -They've been in my phone able to be synced, added and modified since November.
    -Last night after nothing special happened, I went into Calendars to check the date of something and they were all missing.
    -Rebooted, forced sync, checked to make sure they were enabled, etc etc.

*Not ALL items are missing. With no discernible pattern to speak of there are a few items from each calendar still there (both recurring and individual events) However, there are probably only 20 total entries for the year.. when there should be about an average of 2-3 per day.

HELP! PLEASE!

3. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Have you tried viewing your calendar on a desktop (laptop, netbook, anything but a phone)? If so, are all of your events on there? If not, please do so and then ask the question just before this statement.

If everything looks good on a desktop, I would try turning off all syncing and then reboot your phone. Once the phone has rebooted, turn on all syncing. Wait 5-20 minutes and then check again with the STOCK calendar app.

If this does not work, I would contact Verizon on their 800 number. There may be an issue with your phone.

Also, please make sure you keep us updated. Keeping us updated will allow other to give their input and will allow us to make sure that you get up and running again.

Kratos

4. jdloaner

Sorry, just got back from Vacation left all electronics on the mainland.

So after digging at this problem in every way possible here is exactly what is happening.

(keeping it simplified)
    I have 2 Gmail calendars, one personal, one shared with my GF.
    Calendar A - personal, no sharing
    Calendar B - shared, with one person.

Since November both Calendars A and B have sync'd normally just as expected, when I would be on my desktop and add an even to Calendar A, it would show up in my phone in seconds. If my girlfriend put an event in Calendar B, it would show up in phone just the same.

Last week I went into phone Calendar to look something up and noticed only TWO events were showing up in the Shared calendar B. Everything in Calendar A is completely normal. I came to figure out that the two events in B that were showing up were the only events that had been modified since "D-Day"(the time at which my phone lost its sync or event listing of Calendar B)

So from here on out, from "D-Day" on, all events from my Desktop that I either, modify or create new.. show up in my phone just as normal. Any event that I have not changed or created SINCE "D-Day" does not show up in my phone.. but everything continues to be normal if you go into the Web version.

5. jdloaner

..and just to be clear, I have rebooted, re-synced, forced sync, re-added.. you name it.

Other than a hard reset I have tried it... its like it can't see any of the events in shared Calendar-B from before D-Day(which was when my phone lost ALL the events in Calendar B, however they remain normal on Gmail Web version). Anything created since D-Day, shows up fine.

Why is this?
    Can anyone explain or as least tell me they have experienced or heard of this Anomaly?

P.S. I am an advanced user, so I'm not just "missing" something.. this has truly happened.

6. JadeMonkee

JadeMonkee New Member

I have this issue, too!
    I have 7 Google calendars, and last week, all the events disappeared!
    I couldn't get them back, so I did a factory reset, and they appeared again.
    This morning, however, events dropped off from my calendar.
    A post here:
    http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-nexus/36849-google-calendar-entries-missing.html
    Suggested it was a public/private issue, and I can confirm that editing the privacy setting did have the entries show up.
    HOWEVER, I think you are on the money, jdloaner, with it being related to the time the events were last edited, as my events were set to default anyway.
    Yes. I just edited the events, and set their views BACK to default (I explicitly set them as public earlier), and they still appear. Also, events that I edited now appear to, even though they have always been set to default.

It is also peculiar that the events have shown up in my calendar since I did the factory reset on Sunday (it's now Friday), and only disappeared today.

I have an HTC Hero running the MoDaCo Custom Rom r5 (Android 2.1).

Anyone found a solution to this?