Gmail Calendar question

Last Updated:

1. jono2000jono

jono2000jono New Member This Topic's Starter

Yesterday i realized that this marvelous phone can do yet another thing... sync to my Google mail Calendar. Once i synced everything with it i have everything i need to do for that day in one place. So the problem im having (which is not a huge one) is that i cannot set alarms for the events transferred from my calendar to my phone. I've looked around for quite some time but just cannot figure out a way to do it. If anyone knows a way to set alarms for the calendar any information would be greatly appreciated. Bythe way i have a HTC Hero

Thanks,
    jono2000jono

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

When you are viewing the event, hit "Menu" and you will get a pop up menu, the upper left hand corner says "Add a Reminder" and has a picture of a bell, use that.

3. jono2000jono

jono2000jono New Member This Topic's Starter

Well i tried when i click an event and press menu all i have is edit and delete edit lets me change the location and description. when i press menu from the list of upcoming events i have the options "month", "agenda", "new", "calendars", "today", and "settings."

4. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

On Google Calendar (on the web) set default reminders for all your calendars (that you want reminders for) using 'Pop-up' notification and the desired time.

On the Hero go into the calendar and hit Menu > settings > Reminders, then tick off 'All calendars', select one calendar under 'Apply settings to', then set your desired notifications options for that calendar. Once set change 'Apply settings to' to the next calendar you want notifications for and again set the settings. Continue for each calendar you want a reminder for.

After doing both of these things I now get reminders by default for all the calendars I want reminders for.